Im back (a little early)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
well i told everyone that i was going to be gone till almost the end of july working at a scout camp, well i made it through 2 weeks before i got injured and was unable to continue to work effectivley in the aquatics area.

well what happened is that some of you who live in the north texas area would have noticed the major storms that came through, well on thursday night a storm system pinched the lake on all directions, well at the time we were trying to get all of the canoes back from a trip to hells gate on possum kingdom. wsell during the recovery i was trying to get some kids off the dock who were just standing there looking at the storm and i told them to get off the dock and started running to them to get to the pontoon boat that was bring another load of kids in when i slipped on the dock and sprained my ankle pretty well. well the next day i got it looked at and confirmed that i was sprained pretty bad and gave me instructions to stay off it for a while so that i had done any damage to the tendons and ligaments it would give it time to heal(around a month was the recommendation). so with that and talking to the pro staff i decided i should go home to heal my foot (because walking anywhere around the camp wasnt the easiest thing to do, ie very litte even surfaces's).

So im now back at home and going to take this week off to keep off my foot and then i will most likly go back to working for the college in the testing center. (so the summer is not loss). Im hoping that the first or second week of july that i will be able to get back to diving, but will need to be up to speed before i go to grand cayman for summer vacation , and to do a little diving.

also did anybody manage to get the true story about what happened to JT2?

Scubatooth

aka

Dan White

What a bummer.

Just because ya gotta hobble everywhere doesn't mean you can't exersize. I've heard 12oz curls can easily be done from just about any position, and it's supposed to simulate the euphoria you get from the endorphins produced by more rigorous workouts.

thanks texass

well i have plenty of meds for my foot(some pain killers) but i have been doing some 12 oz curls , but its been Dr. Pepper (some of it dublin DP) since i have been advised not to drink the hard stuff because of the killers and the other meds im on. but i hope to be back and at least in the water in a couple of weeks.

well my work outs have been using my hands to get a couple of projects done that i have been backed up on (1 website and 2 graphics projects) so at least i wont be bored, but i would rather be working at the camp but i guess me recouping at home is better then causing further damage to my foot.

later

It'll be even better if he uses an alias!!! That would keep all the rumors circulating.

..no mysterious new swampdivers with badass pontoon boats are to be allowed to help plan swampdives until they have gone through a rigorous screening and verification process! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom