i'm baaaaack!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
we got back from flower gardens last night!! had a great time!!!! frank and melanie are great people, so are the rest of the crew. enjoyed it very much. will go back any time. did all seven dives. seas were great. current was only an issue on a couple of dives. had a ripping surface current on the morning dive at stetson. as far as creatures.........barracuda were ever present i have to say. there was a school of them flanking us on the night dive. i respect them but am not frightened of them. i was seriously hoping to see a manta ray.......didn't get lucky, but several divers did get lucky and i am definitely jealous. some great pics will be forwarded to me soon. anyway, i enjoyed it very much and would love to go again any time. would like to go on one of the three day trips so you also get to do a night dive at stetson and you also get to do a platform dive. we didn't get to do a platform dive.......one of them was being worked on, and the Fling was diving the other one. had a wonderful time!!

Glad you had a great time.

I'm looking forward to my five day. I'm crew on the trip, and I'll work my butt off, but I get to dive some too.

TwoBit

Sound great!
Photo please

Donna, thanks for your report. I was just out there myself two weeks on a four-day trip, it was great! Got in 13 dives, sat out two others.

We had a couple of divers see a Manta Ray, I did not. However, we saw a couple of Sea Turtles around the rig HI-389. Also, when we got to the West Bank, we were greeted by a large pod of Dolphins, I counted 12 of them.

Glad to hear you had a great trip. Manta's are also on my must see list, although I was with buds in gulf who saw them (or claimed to) when I looked saw a shape in distance, looked ray shaped, but vis and distance combined to fuzz enough I would not count it as a sighting for me. Believe I logged something like 'saw a ray, I think, others said was manta, I didn't get good enough look to even positively say ray'.

I have yet to do flower gardens, done rig dives fairly frequently in past, when had a buddy with a nice boat he kept on coast, but haven't dove in gulf in a while, last few years has been lakes, rivers, and Coz'.

So, what kind of tips you have for us FG V's out here? Anything you would do differently next time? Favorite part of trip, least favorite? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Back
Top Bottom