Iklite Service Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an Ikelite dealer, I feel pretty confident that CD didn’t owe Ike money.

I would guess that the delay in sending was either due to negligence on CD’s part or there was some unresolved question as to who was going to pay for the repair. As stated, there are a lot of facts missing in this detective story.

At any rate, Ikelite received a strobe from me about the same time they received this housing and strobe. I haven’t heard anything and don’t expect to for another week or so. I never asked for expedition because I have a spare and don’t need it. If I was just getting ready to do a dive trip and needed it, I would have called and told them the situation and they would have done something to get me serviced in time. I have seen this over and over again.

Thanks Dennis. The battery isn't my problem. I just need the flash tube replaced. I guess you aren't supposed to drop these strobes. :D

Ikelite is really good about expediting orders if necessary so when I'm not in a hurry, I don't say anything and let them take their time. This allows them to put others in more need ahead of me if necessary. In most cases, I'll get it back in 3-4 weeks here in Hawaii.

Hello All,

Ikelite repaired it under warranty and flipped it in 2 business days. My gripe with Ikelite was the lack of response (until I made a threat). Canadian Divers (There Canadian Sales Rep) sat on it for 2 months and when Ikelite sent it back….. well. He just called me and said it is still in his warehouse and has not cleared customs as Ikelite did not send the proper paperwork with it. That sounds thin as I got parts the other day from Ikelite in the mail and I got them faster than using there Sales Rep???? This is supposed to be the way Ikelite wanted things to go after a problem at a dive shop with New Equipment in Jan/Feb.

Hello All,

CD uses a NY Warehouse. Also see below I posted this responce on wetpixel to Paul.

----- Begin -----
Hi Paul,

Ikelite e-mailed me when the equipment finally arrived. I asked them to return it to me and even provided them with the serial numbers so they could verify (I even completed my registration information last year) with there database. They did not they sent it back to Canadian Divers (Jack is the Canadian Sales Rep. for Ikelite who the dealers are supposed to contact). Ikelite did give me the tracking number and I informed Canadian Divers when it was in his warehouse and still more headaches. He is a contract employee of Ikelite. He would respond to e-mails when he feels like it and never in a prompt manor. So I e-mailed Tom ate Ikelite..... No response until I threatened them, then after that I now get prompt responses, but I still do not have my equipment.

I even seen Jack (Canadian Divers) in late April and reminded him then I e-mailed again May 11 and May 15. His employee responded May 16 telling me to contact Ikelite, so I did and again on June 6. They responded on June 6 saying they do not have it, then finally on June 9 Repair said they have it so I asked them to return it to me (It was warr. Repair). So even Ikelite knew of this issue in mid may and did nothing to get there employee to do his job.

Now I can see how I could partly be to blame if I was negligent in the follow-ups but I constantly followed-up and documented everything.

---- END ------

Ken, I can certainly understand if English is not you first language... I can barely speak english and it IS my only language! :D

Unfortunately your story reads like... I sent my stuff to him yesterday, but he responded a week ago, but then a week later he said it was fixed, but then two months ago it was not!

Sorry, but this is the only analogy that comes to mind, and a not very good one...

Maybe do the story as a timeline.

Day 1 - I sent Canadian Divers the housing.
Day 10 - they received it..

Etc..

i also have had nothing but GREAT GRAND expieriences with ike-lite, they took care of a tiny leak, replaced valve free called me to get my opinion, retested twice replaced my sink cord, all for free and they paid the shipping and, when they called me i explaind i was going on my first ever out of the country trip (philippines), and only had four days before i left, they at NO charge to me overnighted my houesing and cord to me, it arrived at dolphin scuba center 25 hours latter in perfect condition. this may be some help to you!! try calling!! bob swanson 317-923-4523, this guy did everything way above and beyond for me!!!!! ike-lite ROCKS!!!!!

Simplified Timeline

2006/04/05 11:56 RICHMOND HILL, ON Item accepted at the Post office
Sent to Canadian Divers (Ikelite Sales Rep.)

2006/04/12 10:40 MALLORYTOWN, ON Item successfully delivered to Receiver's address

I even seen Jack (Canadian Divers) in late April and reminded him
E-mail sent May 11 (No Response)
E-mail sent May 15
E-mail received from CD to call Ikelite May 16
E-mail sent to CD & Ikelite May 16 (No Response)
E-mail Sent June 6 to CD & Ikelite
E-mail received June 6 from Ikelite, they have not received it from CD
E-mail received June 9 from repair, they received equipment
E-mail sent June 10 requesting Ikelite to return directly to me
E-mail sent June 14 as no response to June 10
E-mail sent June 15….No Response
June 15 -- Phoned and talked with Rhonda, very helpful she gave me the tracking number as it was sent back to CD
INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US 13/06/2006 0:58 DEPARTURE SCAN
WATERTOWN, NY, US 14/06/2006 15:37 DELIVERY

E-mailed Sent to CD June 15
E-mail received from CD – promised to bring it June 19
E-mail received from Repair as to the fact they sent it back to CD
E-mail sent June 20 as to the fact that CD did not come or call
E-mail sent to Ikelite about the still AWOL equipment and no contact
E-mail sent to CD & Ikelite June 22 as to no response and AWOL equipment
June 22 & 23 many e-mails back and forth between Tom (Ikelite) and myself on missing equipment – even they could not contact Jack at CD

Phone call received June 23 (LATE) from CD saying no paperwork from Ikelite on box in NY warehouse

June 23 I replied to Jack CD by e-mail as now I want everything in writing

This should not have happened and if both CD & Ikelite responded to the original e-mails and followed up with the repair this would not have happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom