Ikelite Modular Video lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dzscubie

Contributor
Reaction score
Back in El Paso, Texas with my Buddy (wife)
Hi Everyone,

Well, I found a 4052 charger and charged up the battery modules for the Ikelite modular video lights and low and behold they work great. These lights are older lights that are very bright and have a modeling light. I don't have a video camera anymore and was thinking of selling them but I don't have any idea how much they are worth. I have checked the Ikelite web site but they don't have anything like them anymore. Any one have any idea how much they are worth? I'm not looking to make a killing I just don't want to give them away ether. I don't know how to put a picture on here so if anyone wants to give me an idea of how much a reasonable price would be I would appreciate a email and I'll send you some pics.

Thanks.

I sold some ofr about 10 dollars each.

N

I sold some ofr about 10 dollars each.

N

Wow Nemrod :shocked2:,,,, I must have read that wrong.. let me wipe the turnip juice out of my eyes and read it agin, must have gotten the juice in my eyes when I fell off the truck this morning. Nope, still there.. I think $10 is a litttttle low. :crafty:

I'm going to try and see if I can figure out how to up load a picture.

Got two more Modular lights, if you hurry you can get them, they go off later. Zero bids.

N

Seriously, people don't use these big old honkers anymore, like consoles and retractors they are dated seriously. The Modular X had a 15W sealed beam bulb and the Modular Super Light had a dual beam 25W sealed beam. The Modular Movie light had a 25W sealed beam bulb. Have you tried to source new bulbs? Howabout battery packs and chargers? The Modular Super Light used a 7 cell NiCd pack, the others used a 6 D cell pack.

Nobody wants the huge old honkers, weight restrictions, lack of parts and support and much better light choices with LEDs and HID make these lights dinosaurs and since I have a Masters Plus 30 in Geology, I know a fossil when I see one.

N

weird double post.

Seriously, people don't use these big old honkers anymore, like consoles and retractors they are dated seriously. The Modular X had a 15W sealed beam bulb and the Modular Super Light had a dual beam 25W sealed beam. The Modular Movie light had a 25W sealed beam bulb. Have you tried to source new bulbs? Howabout battery packs and chargers? The Modular Super Light used a 7 cell NiCd pack, the others used a 6 D cell pack.

Nobody wants the huge old honkers, weight restrictions, lack of parts and support and much better light choices with LEDs and HID make these lights dinosaurs and since I have a Masters Plus 30 in Geology, I know a fossil when I see one.

N

Now this I can understand, an explanation that is concise and clear and makes a lot of sense. Thanks. I am not a photographer, that's my wife, so I had no idea except I knew they were old. oh well

If your lights work and actually have the rechargeable packs and chargers I would run them on eBait (aka feeBay) and see what you can get, every now and then someone comes along wanting a complete, working light--but--as a movie light there are just better options out there today. N

Back
Top Bottom