Ikelite DS-125 Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sillago
Thanks for the info.......I think for now if I can get one I'm leaning towards a single DS-125.......dont know why ...over say the YS90-DX (although Dee puts up some great arguments for it) but I can get a nice pkg price with the housing

Jack R.....you have the DS 125 ????? how do you like it??

Scott

No prob
what kind of setup will you be using the strobe with? Another advantage about the DS125 is that if you ever intend to get into digital uw photography(if you aren't already there)..ikelite claims that it's one of the few (besides the DS50) that can actually be used for proper TTL use (not sure how it works exactly but that's what they claim!)
Have fun
Jeff

We have the Olympus 3040 and we will most likely end up with the Ikelite housing ....due to its depth rating (200 ft)....I like the seemingly smaller profile of the PT-010 but we would constantly push their depth rating of 30 M (98 ft) And the Tetra housing is just a tad to expensive for my taste at this point.

Thats another reason for the Ikelite strobe is it "automation" .....hopefully anyone will be able to use it....

Me personally I like to mess around with manual stuff as thats how we use our 35mm ....... and I think there is enough manual range on the Ikelite to suit my needs....well at least for now

Decisions decisions :wink:

Back
Top Bottom