If you had 8-10 days in Thailand to dive and hang out on the beach where would you stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DirtFish

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are spending 2 weeks in Raja Ampat and decided that we are pretty close to Thailand so why not stop there for 2 1/2 weeks. We will be there the last half of February to the first week of March. We are thinking of doing Bangkok, Ching Mai and Koh Lanta for diving and hanging out on the beach.
Any opinions or better suggestions?
Thanks!

Lanta Island is basically one long beach so you've got that covered. The diving is mostly by slow day boat or speed boat trips to Phi Phi National Marine Park, Koh Haa Marine Park, Hin Daeng/Muang, and some other scattered nearby sites like Koh Rook, Koh Wean, Koh Maa. The fist three are some of the best diving in Thailand. Alternatively, you could consider a trip to Koh Lipe, which is a little "Gilligan's Island" place with great diving (it is also a marine national park). You would fly to Hat Yai and then drive to Pak Barra and take a ferry to the island.

Lanta Island is basically one long beach so you've got that covered. The diving is mostly by slow day boatand speed boat trips to the Phi Phi National Marine Park, Koh Haa Marine Park, Hin Daeng/Muang, and some other scattered nearby sites like Koh Rook, Koh Wean, Koh Maa. The fist three are some of the best diving in Thailand. Alternatively, you could consider a trip to Koh Lipe, which is a little "Gilligan's Island" place with great diving (it is also a marine national park). You would fly to Hat Yai and then drive to Pak Barra and take a ferry to the island.
Thank you! We will probably stay put in Lanta and try to dive the sites that you listed. Any suggestions on a dive shop/dive operator ? I've heard Pheonix divers mentioned by someone but haven't researched it yet.
Thanks again, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you! We will probably stay put in Lanta and try to dive the sites that you listed. Any suggestions on a dive shop/dive operator ? I've heard Pheonix divers mentioned by someone but haven't researched it yet.
Thanks again, any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Check out Andaman Dive Adventure...good shop βœ”οΈ

LANTA divers.
They have their own boats including a small dedicated speed boat to dive Hin Daeng/Muang.
Some other operators will join the fast catamaran from Blue Planet. So 30+ divers is a distinct possibility. I had done it twice and thank you NO more.

I will be there in mid Feb.

LANTA divers.
They have their own boats including a small dedicated speed boat to dive Hin Daeng/Muang.
Some other operators will join the fast catamaran from Blue Planet. So 30+ divers is a distinct possibility. I had done it twice and thank you NO more.

I will be there in mid Feb.
Thanks! I was just looking at Dive and Relax, they have 2 high speed boats and they go to all of the spots mentioned above.

Thanks! I was just looking at Dive and Relax, they have 2 high speed boats and they go to all of the spots mentioned above.
Please make sure they do not share the boat with other operators.
I had experienced it previously especially the day boat out from Phuket.
Only Hin Daeng/Muang requires speed boat because of the distance.
Lanta diver's speed boat is small but there is no outsiders.

The orange airport bus which is parking outside the domestic terminal cost B100.00 to Bus Terminal 1 in Phuket Old Town. Last bus is around 18:30, Taxi is several times more expensive. There are several inexpensive good hotels near the bus terminal. Take the van from T1 to Krabi Bus terminal and then change to any connection van to Koh Lanta. The whole process should not cost more than B800.00. The van will drop you off at any resort on the west coast of the island.
Do not take the Lucky van at 11:00, it was slow and the diver will ask for extra when arrives at Saladan Pier. Never again.

Back
Top Bottom