If you had $200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How are you planning to download your dives? Getting a dive computer without bluetooth means you have to buy the download cable and those typically cost around $100.
I don’t need to download the dives, the information I need appears to be accessible on the computer itself.

Of your choices I would go with the new computer. Has all you say you need plus the warranty.

But I would add 20 to you budget and get this...

Aqua Lung i200 Wrist Computer

For the simple fact of two button vs one.

BTW, the Zoop has the RGBM algorithm if that matters to you.

I don’t need to download the dives, the information I need appears to be accessible on the computer itself.

Though the dive log downloads from non-air integrated computers aren't as useful, they do contain more information like deco ceilings, temperature, and PPO2 along with a more detailed view of your overall profile.

But if you have zero plans to download your dives ever, just buy the new one. Beyond bluetooth downloading removing the need to buy the expensive cables, don't think there is a whole lot of difference between the intro level dive computers.

Of your choices I would go with the new computer. Has all you say you need plus the warranty.

I appreciate the recommendation, I’m not opposed to one button vs two. If I bought it new I’d prefer to support the local dive shop vs online which leaves the i100 in the price and the i200 outside it. I’ll be swinging by tomorrow to see what they have in stock.

Though the dive log downloads from non-air integrated computers aren't as useful, they do contain more information like deco ceilings, temperature, and PPO2 along with a more detailed view of your overall profile.

But if you have zero plans to download your dives ever, just buy the new one. Beyond bluetooth downloading removing the need to buy the expensive cables, don't think there is a whole lot of difference between the intro level dive computers.
I appreciate it and do agree that the information is useful.

BTW, the Zoop has the RGBM algorithm if that matters to you.
Saw the post was edited, the RGBM algorithm hasn’t proved to be an issue with my partners dive computer (Suunto) and my old dive computer (Rental Aqualung). I’m not opposed to RGBM but I haven’t met anyone that has been on the boat for ndl vs air consumption. I’m a relatively new diver still though (40 dives, AOW)

If none of the features matter to you and you have no algorithm preference it comes down to either

New or used
The cheapest
Or just the one that you like the look of.

Again, given the list and your requirements, I would go for new.

If none of the features matter to you and you have no algorithm preference it comes down to either

New or used
The cheapest
Or just the one that you like the look of.

Again, given the list and your requirements, I would go for new.
I agree, thank you though.

I got a Cressi Leonardo because I wanted to get matching ones for my daughter and myself at a reasonable price, and she chose a white on black Leonardo based primarily on appearance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom