If you could live in Mexico for a few months...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are in Tulum right now. You can get a one bedroom condo in Aldea Zama for about 1000.00 per month. You will either use a taxi or rent a vehicle. Car rental with full insurance is SUPER expensive. Hertz wanted to charge me for 37 days for a small cheap car 88,000 pesos for the full insurance. Or 4400.00 USF or 5649.00 Canadian. Plus the car rental. But Tulum is great. Busy. Restaurants a 75% full for supper.

We are in Tulum right now. You can get a one bedroom condo in Aldea Zama for about 1000.00 per month. You will either use a taxi or rent a vehicle. Car rental with full insurance is SUPER expensive. Hertz wanted to charge me for 37 days for a small cheap car 88,000 pesos for the full insurance. Or 4400.00 USF or 5649.00 Canadian. Plus the car rental. But Tulum is great. Busy. Restaurants a 75% full for supper.

Cozumel - I just helped a friend move into a very large common floor plan one bedroom apartment, $300 per month. I paid 35,000 pesos for a brand new, starts every time fuel injected scooter.

If you need a car, hire a taxi......

where would you dive in merida or mexico city ?

fwiw....i am with asteve on this one

Exactly. Mexico City would be a great place to live, but it couldn't be farther from diving. Merida is a place I would consider retiring, as diving becomes a smaller part of my life, as it's a major drive to the diving areas. That is why I asked @GirlonFire whether there she had any other objectives besides diving in mind. There are lots of great places to live in Mexico, but if diving in the major focus, then I stick with my original suggestions: Cozumel (or the "Riviera Maya" mainland there) or Baja Sur.

Is
Cozumel - I just helped a friend move into a very large common floor plan one bedroom apartment, $300 per month. I paid 35,000 pesos for a brand new, starts every time fuel injected scooter.

$1765 inexpensive for a scooter?

Could you tell how the apartment was found?

After a morning of research, staying on the Yucatán Peninsula/Quintana Roo for a month or two sounds interesting.
After a month in Cozumel and/or Playa, mixing it up with Mérida would be nice. I’ve never been and it looks great.
At the moment, early to mid part of the year may work for a start date.

Would it be feasible to play it by ear after a solid start location? Or is it safer to book things beforehand? After this year, I thinks travel may be a bit different...

Maybe have a solid in and out. Round trip to and from CZM means I could leave a lot of dive gear there.

Is

$1765 inexpensive for a scooter?

Brand new from Honda, I own it - Honda Elite, one step up from the rental Honda Rio - no choke, fuel injected. You can but the Italika ones new cheaper but it ain't my Honda!

If you came here for three months, you could buy a used one and sell it before you leave - great scooter rental rates are $10-15 per day, it adds up over a month.

Could you tell how the apartment was found?

I think she said her mom found it for her - her moms been here off on for 15 years. Some Facebook pages, Cozumel 4 You and Cozumel my Cozumel - post something on there - do not say your budget - say more like what you want, how long you want it for and if you want to live like a queen or a local.

There is so much for rent here right now, I wish I didn't own my home..........

Cozumel 4 You

Facebook Groups

Facebook Groups

I think she said her mom found it for her - her moms been here off on for 15 years. Some Facebook pages, Cozumel 4 You and Cozumel my Cozumel - post something on there - do not say your budget - say more like what you want, how long you want it for and if you want to live like a queen or a local.

There is so much for rent here right now, I wish I didn't own my home..........

Cozumel 4 You

Facebook Groups

Facebook Groups
Just glancing at some rental sites and Airbnb, about $1000US would be the max.

Just glancing at some rental sites and Airbnb, about $1000US would be the max.

You can rent a 3 bedroom house with a pool in Corpus Christi for 1000/mth, considering the economy, you might be able to get ocean front condo for that......

Join one of those Facebook groups and post looking for a local apartment - you'll have 20 people within the first hour with listings suggestions. If you're here, I'll drive you around and show you some - stay away from the AirBnB stuff, they just want your tourist money sorry to say.

That $300 a month one Laura moved into, fully furnished, she brought kitchen cooking stuff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom