If only there is(are)...<fill in blank> for women divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HappyDiving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Ladies!

I'm curious about what you wish for as a female diver so take a stab at filling out the following sentence.

If only there is(are) <blank> for women divers.

Shorter gearing up tables at dive sites. They're all made for guys who are six feet tall, and require me to stand on my tiptoes to get into my harness.

Boat ladders with shorter rises between the rungs, for people with short legs, who are mostly women.

A few months ago, I would have said a p-valve system, but a bunch of European women solved that :)

Boat ladders with shorter rises between the rungs, for people with short legs, who are mostly women.

AMEN!

Drysuits and wetsuits made for REAL women...not stick figures
even stick figures (which im not one) need real suit sizings!!

almitychild is a aussie size 6 (US size 2 i think) and her wetsuit is an aussie size 16 - thats just stupid

interesting! i didn't know there were these problems. i'm a novice and is about to buy a wetsuit, note to self, must try on prior to purchasing! there goes the buying online part...

Thinking about this last night . . . I'd also love to see smaller scale Goodman handles, and reels with smaller handles, made for people with small hands. Another thing that would be nice is high quality dry suit overboots, like the White's Evo, made in women's sizes. For a lot of them, the smallest provided is a men's 8, which is WAY too wide and somewhat too long for my feet, and I have average women's feet.

Chiming in on the short theme, how about rails on boats that short people can reach? I couldn't hang up or take down my wetsuit myself on the Aggressor because it was hung too high. On a boat in NC, they warned us to hold onto the rails on the ceiling when walking on the boat on the ride out. Good idea but I couldn't reach them. People had to put their arms out for me to hold if I wanted to go somewhere.

Last edited:

Absolutely!! And how about once you're at the top of the ladder, and you can't reach the next hand-hold to pull yourself onto the boat? I had that happen to me last fall on the Bottom Scratcher on Catalina Island. I could see the next rail, but I couldn't reach it for the life of me. I couldn't get my foot up that high with all my gear, so I finally had to just kneel onto the deck and then stand up.

I guess one more rung on the ladder would have easily solved the problem.

Shorter tanks would be better too, at least for us really petite women. I normally use an AL 63 and I love the size. I'll use a steel 80 too if I have to so it's still smaller. But why can't all tanks be shorter but wider? I can't even sit with an AL 80 since it's too long and depending on how high/low I set it, it will either bump my head or my legs. I of course set it to bump my legs as a lesser evil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom