If money were not an issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimAZ:
I'm seeing Lots of T-2 out here. Great reg but it requires servicing for nitrox after any air usage.
LOL

If money wasn't an issue: Inspiration closed circuit rebreather. How's that for an upgrade? :-D

Yup me agreed and same issue on that.:D
MantaRey:
If money wasn't an issue: Inspiration closed circuit rebreather. How's that for an upgrade? :-D

MantaRey:

Ditto... Same dream.

Jason Ooi:
Yup me agreed and same issue on that.:D

Jason, I think it would be less complicated than the kit you're wearing now. Not much room for more tanks. :D :D :D I'm not that smart.

carldarl:
If money were not an issue, what reg would you recommend and why? Here are the conditions...

Water temps ranging from low/mid 40's to mid 80's.

Recreational diver averaging 30-50 dives per year.

Straight air with possible nitrox in the future.

Just cureous as to what others think.
Aqualung legend lx supreme!

:05: Money is no problem here, I got none!!!!!!! But have been diving my top end Zeagle set up since 1995, in N.E. ocean water year round with no fuss no trouble and just a yearly tune up. Pick out a time tested and proven winner and Dive Safe....

MantaRey:

Why stop there. Ouroboros.

But seriously, I don't understand that idealology behind spending GOBS of money on all these regulators. When you have divers regularly zooming around at 400+ft with $350 reg sets, what's the need for a recreational diver spending $800? What is the extra money getting you?

Something like a DS4 or ATX200, or like my DiveRite RG2500ICE, or something else simple is really all you need. Environmentally sealed, no wacky designs, easy to get parts, service yourself if you want. Nitrox, air, oxygen, whatever.

I've got DiveRites, and an Oceanic. Probably get some DS4s for my 108s this winter. They'll take me from Belize to Scapa Flow, and everything inbetween. $350 a set. I'll take the money I save and enjoy some nice dinners.

Back
Top Bottom