If money were not an issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
If money were not an issue, what reg would you recommend and why? Here are the conditions...

Water temps ranging from low/mid 40's to mid 80's.

Recreational diver averaging 30-50 dives per year.

Straight air with possible nitrox in the future.

Just cureous as to what others think.

I like this one. http://www.scubapro.com/products/regs/systems/mk25_s600/mk25_s600.asp

I wanted it so bad, I was going to get it and slip my honey my 250 for Christmas because it was almost new. He would never know the difference. I started feeling the "Santa guilties" and gave it to him even though he does not realize how great it is, or appreciate it's retro stylin' appeal.

everytime I look at it in his mouth, I admire it. Good thing I put the epicure custom mouthpeice on it already or I would be trying to pull a switch. I want it so bad! ...and he does not even know what a great reg he has!...clueless.

Lots of tech divers use Apex.. But, I say stick to SP because you can get parts anywhere and the kits are less.......and deep down...you know you want the best.

I agree with Catherine, but then I own half a dozen of them so I'm rather biased. I also have a pair of Apex STX200's. They are nice, but breath wet when you go inverted.

OEX2, why would you have so many??? I think you might be "queer for gear" as my daddy calls it. There is no excuse....don't your kids need braces or anything, for god's sake?

Harry, now... I know why we are not out on a Saturday night but you are... 22 or something...what is your excuse? Pit Bull thread died down?

catherine96821:
OEX2, why would you have so many??? I think you might be "queer for gear" as my daddy calls it. There is no excuse....don't your kids need braces or anything, for god's sake?
Kids? They want braces? Well by god let them pay for them...I've got them earning their keep working in a sweat shop.:D:D:D

catherine96821:

Harry, now... I know why we are not out on a Saturday night but you are... 22 or something...what is your excuse? Pit Bull thread died down?
1 set of doubles regs. (ie 2 sets of 1st and 2nd stages). 3 set of deco regs all these din.

Another set of single tank regs (1 1st and 2 2nds) yoke style.

Easy to do.

catherine96821:

organic chem, immunology, abnormal psychology, philosophy, + labs
biology major and a month-before-graduating-trying-to get-into-vet-school holds me prisoner. i've come to grips with my nerdiness. it has been a graceful process over the last 4 years.

way to go...good luck! vet school is harder to get in than medical school, but I bet you know that. sounds like a heavy load.

With the diving you described, my hands down choice would be the Atomic T2. Rated the best breathing regulator ever along with about everything else about it. I have had the opportunity to dive with one and it is soooo light you almost forget that it is in your mouth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom