If in WPB area, is trip down to keys worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would dive WPB any day,Reefs are much more full of life,
The Keys are a Great day trip or dive getaway to hit all the Wrecks,But you need the AO Water to do most,
Do West Palm,Hit Boynton a bit south I like the reefs they have,And if the weather sucks north one day head south for a day trip!
But call ahead to see if the opp can fit you a dive in, The Keys just do not have the life like they have off WPB area. My 3 cents!
Brad
Dive safe!

Wristshot:
Well, since you asked, I would say yes. We have some friends in Boca Raton, and we always take the extra time to get down to Key Largo to do some diving. We took some training in and around Pompano, and it was nice, but we have enjoyed Key Largo more.

We dove the Captain Dan near Pompano, and that was fun. I would like to check out the Ancient Mariner (?) in the area. Clearly I have only seen tiny bits of the WPB area, but I would say that you should try to get down to the Keys for a little look-see.

Wristshot

Thanks. If they ask what compelled me to visit, I'll just say the devil made me do it.

Dave

dlwalke:
Thanks. If they ask what compelled me to visit, I'll just say the devil made me do it.
*Thumbs Up*

Actually, you should tell them that you got recommendations on ScubaBoard! The more dive ops (etc) that find out about the power of ScubaBoard, the better.

After you go wherever you end up going, come back here and post a little report with your "findings".

Wristshot

dlwalke:
I will be going down to WPB for some vacation. I have a little more than a week to kill and would be happy to spend some time driving to different destinations if there were anything different to see. I had considered going down to Key Largo for a couple of days, but would just as soon stay

personally, I think i would stay in the area and go a little bit south and catch some
great drift diving in boynton and a little to your north some excellent slightly
deeper drift diving on some great ledges up in Jupiter.

Kevin

Dead Coral! Less Life!?! What happened to the Keys in the last 2 years!!??!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom