If I should die while diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm doing great!! Was at NOVA last night getting my reg set put together. I forgot to bring the inflator hose of my new BCD, so they just took a spare one and told me to bring mine in when I get the chance. They were worried I might drop my QD computer so they just gave me a padded computer storage bag...for free. Certain "other" shops charged me for the mirazyme they said I had to use to clean the rental gear before I gave it back.

I'm taking my nitrox course at NOVA...hopefully next weekend. Have have you been?

hmm, it's sad to see the regulars go...although such is the nature of a message board I suppose.
Yes, and of individuals as well. I'm sure that UP is as welcome as ever here.

Here is an excerpt from my will ..

"If I die, while scuba diving . No one , remotely or directly involved , is to be sued - no monetary benefit of any kind is to be gained by my death except for the normal expected collection of insurance benefits . I chose to scuba dive because it provided me with a measure of happiness . I chose every buddy I was ever with . I opened the valve on every tank I ever consumed . I explored the depths as I chose to . I invaded a world of underwater creatures by choice - if they retaliate against me for my invasion into their world , I chose this risk . Only I am responsible for myself and my diving choices .
Now if I die because some drunk runs into my car and kills me (or something similar), sue the bastard for all he/she is worth !
If the Insurance Company even delays payout on my insurance policies , sue the bastards for all they are worth !
"

We choose this risk folks. People do and will always screw up. We should only dive with the understanding that we do so with a measure of faith in ourselves and others. If we fail ourself or others fail us we chose to place ourself in this situation.

I say just dive, enjoy this life. If you want to contemplate the morbid possibilities then maybe you should stay home in the easy chair in front of the TV.

My 2 cents worth

Thanks UP. Copied my file. We were just discussing this the other night. My end line has a desk instead of a bed tho...
Thanks

Please excuse this test, my first attempt hereabouts:

Those who Know do not speak,
Those who speak do not Know,
I have spoken

-Cowboylips

Please excuse this test, my first attempt hereabouts:

Those who Know do not speak,
Those who speak do not Know,
I have spoken

-Cowboylips
Member over 4 yrs, first post in 2 yrs, and this - here...?

Dandy Don... who else but you, you Magnificant Bastard!
You always knew I was shy, right?
-Tex

I own a dive service and do at least 3 to 400 dives a year , although it is true that as divers we do all we can to be safe at all times and try our best to avoid situations,my family , friends and dive partners all agree that if and when "I" die while diving,no matter what the circumstance will be , I will be in the place I loved the most and longed to be more than anywhere.There is a saying in our "sport" as it is called,"work is for people who don't dive!",I considr myself to be one of the lucky ones,I don't work,I dive !!We are a breed apart and with all the diving I do,I cannot lie and say that every time I sit on the edge of that dock or platform<I dont say a prayer,if I did I would be lyingit is what I do,it is what I love and it is as nessacary for me as the air in that bottle.So they all know,when it is time,just smile cuz' I'll be up there or down there more than likely!, doing the same!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom