If I die while diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fortunately most folks have faith in something larger than themselves...it is a comfort they offer when there is nothing else they can do to give comfort...I for one appreciate the expression of offering comfort....but I'll remember if you die to just go on to the next post...

If I should die while diving understand, as I already do, that it will most likely involve fault on my part to some degree or another so do not hesitate to point that out.

If I should die while diving some of the fault will probably belong to my buddy and that needs to be honestly assessed as well though I must admit this is one area where I hope that compassion will be in the mix.

And after I F@#*^ it all up he said to hell with him im saving my own a@@ and swam to the surface....:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::dork2::coffee:

d636: I don't think that I would call laying in the road waiting for a ****ing bus to run over me is one of the things that I would like to do. Read the post.

let us just hope your snokel didn't drift off somewhere IF that happens, Mrs. A!!! :rofl3:

hey cheeky girl.... just remember my snorkel didnt drift off on its first every GBR reef dive last month! the boat left me out there not the other way around :lotsalove:

but.... knowinig i had my snorkel with me kept me calm and safe. oh that plus my whopping great big SMB, my storm whistle and the fact the boat was only 30mtrs/100ft away :rofl3:

oh, and if i should die while diving, another post i dont want people typing about me...... "she was the first to welcome me here on :sblogo:"

:lotsalove:

I'm with the venerable almitywife on this one... and I've told my family so. Don't ever say "He died doing something he loved" because ya know what I love most?

LIVING!

And while I'm at it, I've promised to haunt them until the end of their days if they erect one of those silly roadside memorials.

.....And while I'm at it, I've promised to haunt them until the end of their days if they erect one of those silly roadside memorials.

oh gosh yes!! i always wonder how the poor person that owns the house in front of them feels about that... i would be removing them

but then again, if you should require a roadside memorial it wont be a diving accident

unless you were on the way to or from a dive site - then the media will claim it was a diving accident with an oxygen bottle :D

I would rather die while diving than die at work, working for some SOB who doesn't give a rat's a$$ about me! Not saying that i will be careless and invite the reaper while I am under water. Far from it. I am just saying that there are far more lame ways to go. Like dying while driving to a dive site. We all know that there is a greater chance that this will happen than dying while diving! And I agree about the "my thoughts and prayers are with the families". You don't know my family. You feel bad and probably have nothing better to say! We have to remember that this forum is about analyzing accidents and incidents so that we can learn from them to become better divers ourselves and avoid similar misfortunes for us and our dive buddies. NOT A GOSSIP FORUM!!!!

Firediver443: Diving IS "living".

but then again, if you should require a roadside memorial it wont be a diving accident :D

Unless I'm diving in Bonaire :)

My distaste for roadside memorials is such that my kids threaten me with them often. Of course, they've heard me tell stories from work about how I sometimes would really REALLY like to wash them down the street with a charged 3" hose line. On the other hand, the guys I work with and I have given serious thought to the idea of starting a roadside memorial business, complete with perpetual care so it always looks nice. We figure our access to that side of the crime scene tape would allow us to establish a memorial before the authorities have even left the scene. We'll even put up a webcam so you can look upon your memorial without leaving the comfort of your home, in case of inclement weather.

Garrobo, I'd like to agree with you, but as much as I love diving, it's not the only way for me to feel alive.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom