If I die while diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For C****'s sake don't post some inane remark like: "My thoughts and prayers go out to his family." I get so tired of reading this. I don't have a family and most of the people who I chum around with don't do that much praying anyway. In most cases you wouldn't know another diver's family if they were in front of you. They might even be glad that the guy is gone. Who knows. If you want to post anything about my death just say that it's good that he died doing something he liked to do and leave it at that. Thank you for your undivided attention.:dork2::dork2::dork2:

<rant, rave, and be a smartass>

What if your arse gets ran the ****** over with a bus????

Still enjoy that too?

</rant, rave, and be a smartass>

For C****'s sake don't post some inane remark like: "My thoughts and prayers go out to his family." I get so tired of reading this. I don't have a family and most of the people who I chum around with don't do that much praying anyway. In most cases you wouldn't know another diver's family if they were in front of you. They might even be glad that the guy is gone. Who knows. If you want to post anything about my death just say that it's good that he died doing something he liked to do and leave it at that. Thank you for your undivided attention.:dork2::dork2::dork2:

Hey, if you do go while diving, it'll be the 2nd best way.........:D

Last edited:
For C****'s sake don't post some inane remark like: "My thoughts and prayers go out to his family." ......:

i dont have a problem with, it shows compassion and care in a world that is pretty hard to love these days

what I dont want someone to write for me is, "she died doing what she loved"

i remember a thread earlier this year, young guy died while his GF survived. i said at the time people can shove the "he died doing what he loved" line as he should be well and safe and at the pub with his mates having a beer... his GF at the time pm'd me saying that it seemed i was the only one that understood how she felt at the time

cheers - im off diving now

edit, oh, and if i should die while diving - remember, i dive with a snorkel and im proud of it! :dork2:

i dont have a problem with, it shows compassion and care in a world that is pretty hard to love these days

what I dont want someone to write for me is, "she died doing what she loved"

i remember a thread earlier this year, young guy died while his GF survived. i said at the time people can shove the "he died doing what he loved" line as he should be well and safe and at the pub with his mates having a beer... his GF at the time pm'd me saying that it seemed i was the only one that understood how she felt at the time

cheers - im off diving now

edit, oh, and if i should die while diving - remember, i dive with a snorkel and im proud of it! :dork2:

you'll have a better chance of surviving----with a snorkel that is....keep it up.

If you want to post anything about my death just say that it's good that he died doing something he liked to do and leave it at that. Thank you for your undivided attention.:dork2::dork2::dork2:

"Garrobo died yesterday diving....doing something he really loved. It's too bad he wasn't worth a s**t at it. What a moron. He ran out of air at 15 feet and couldn't make it to the surface"

Something like that? :D

"Garrobo died yesterday diving....doing something he really loved. It's too bad he wasn't worth a s**t at it. What a moron. He ran out of air at 15 feet and couldn't make it to the surface"

Something like that? :D

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

let us just hope your snokel didn't drift off somewhere IF that happens, Mrs. A!!! :rofl3:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/123910-if-i-should-die-while-diving.html
I received this email from my daughter recently:

I love you. I read your post online. I didn't check when you wrote it but it was interesting. Almost poetic&#8230;.

I had posted *If I should die while diving* on another board several years ago and my daughter found it while Googling my name. My wife though I should post it here on Scuba Board as well.
If I should die while diving.

If I should die while diving please do not hesitate to discuss the incident and assess every element with a view to furthering your understanding of how to enhance diver safety.

If I should die while diving get the facts. They won't be readily available and will definitely not be correct as reported by the media. But get the facts as best you can.

If I should die while diving understand, as I already do, that it will most likely involve fault on my part to some degree or another so do not hesitate to point that out.

If I should die while diving some of the fault will probably belong to my buddy and that needs to be honestly assessed as well though I must admit this is one area where I hope that compassion will be in the mix.

If I should die while diving there might be those who try to squelch discussion out of a misplaced notion of respect for the deceased, family and friends. They can say nice things about me at my funeral... but in the scuba community I want the incident discussed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom