IDI Tri-Metal Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wkndbum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any opinion on this set up/price? I would use it on a pony bottle.

International Divers (IDI) Seaira Tri-Metal Regulators.

BRAND NEW - NEVER IN WATER

Past Rodales Scuba Diving Magazine Testers Choice! & Best Buy!

These had a 2003 Suggested Retail Price $425.00
and 2003 Dealer Price $199.00

Plus the DIN adapter had the additional suggested retail of $85.00

These have the Airtec 1st Stage which is a knife edge, flow-through piston design
and the Seaira Tri-Metal Adjustable 2nd Stage

The deal is you get the complete First Stage with yoke, LP hose, Seaira second stage & 300 bar DIN adapter for $150.00 plus shipping cost.

So What's the Story?
Earlier this early the assets of IDI were purchased out of public auction by XS Scuba. A part of the assets were a bunch of completed and mostly completed Seaira Trimetal regulators. XS employed the past IDI service manager to complete all required final assembly and retest / final adjust them all. Now, XS is preparing to release their new version of this regulator and has made me a deal to make these "IDI versions" go away. Parts and service will continue to be available as the new XS regulator is only cosmetically different.

More Specs:
Tri-Metal Titanium / Stainless Steel / Brass
Exceeds US Navy Class "A" Standards
WOB = 1.4 @ 198 feet with 1500 psi
Features:
High performance regulator with superior reviews
Balanced flow-thru piston 316 stainless steel'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">stainless steel piston
Seaira Tri-Metal 2nd stage - Balanced
Adjustable Second Stage
Titanium lever
Brass heat exchanger
All high pressure o-rings are Viton
All parts nitrox cleaned with O2 compatible lube
Brass tube
316 Stainless steel clip
Stainless steel spring
BRAND NEW in plain box with owner's manual

Plus Ground UPS shipping charges from California.

This is the reg I dive most often and it is an absolute killer. Performance between it and my recently tried-out D400 is pretty much a toss-up - and the IDI feels better in my mouth. Service will not be a problem because of the XS continuation of the model.

Don't know what your primary reg is, but for non-ice diving this is really a primo performing setup and probably would give your current primary a run for the money if you gave it a try!! Think of it as a slightly simpler Atomic Z1 with a swiveling turret, and performance about the same - at least that is what I have been told by someone I trust who dives both.

These are popping up on Ebay occasionally, going for between $90 and $150 - mostly around $125 brand new. I was able to buy the DINs for about $35 recently, so if the $150 includes yoke and DIN you are really getting a pretty good deal. If you decide to buy ask them if they have any with 5 low pressure ports. Towards the end of production there was a 5th low pressure port put on the top of the turret which I think could lay out real sweet in a pony rig. In any case, 4 or 5 ports, this is a sweet reg and is very underappreciated.

I really don't need any more since I already have 3 of the firsts and 2 of the 2nds!!!, but can you tell me where you found this advertisement?

He has a post on the ScubaBoards Equip for Sale. He also has them listed on E-bay for $139.95. I just ordered one.

I have 2 and am very happy with them. Not to mention the $90 and $125 I paid for them. My wife isn't as excited as I am but I think it is a hose length issue for her. All in all I think they are great. (My local dive shop doesn't like them as they cost him sales)

The IDI Tri-Metal is now the XS Scuba SeaAir Tri-Metal. The regulators are pretty much the same and you can most likely call or email XS scuba for parts availability. XS scuba is no longer supporting IDI regulators but the parts of the SeaAir and IDI’s Tri-Metal should be the same. The weird thing is I have a 2005 XS Scuba catalog in front of me with the new regulators in it but the site shows none.

http://www.xsscuba.com/contact.php

A better source of parts and service for IDI regs is here, at Margarita's -

http://www.margaritasdivingrepair.com/

Margarita was the IDI engineer on the regs - as I understand it they are chiefly of her design. She will sell you repair kits or do the service for you if you prefer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom