IDI equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark s

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing an International divers osprey airtec regulator and nekton 2000 bc. Any viewer comments as to quality?

Mark,
Don't know anything about the quality. My question is are you buying it from a shop or online? None of the shops around here carry IDI. If you are buying online, who you gonna take it to when it needs serviced or for parts? And what about warranty
Don

Mark,
:idea: It looks like you're a Rodale's reader huh... :nono:
If you want some sound advice, do some more homework, and if you come up with the same answer :rolleyes: then it doesn't matter. You're obviously doing purely recreational diving right? Well for the diver whom goes on a vacation and dives a few times a year in comfy, shallow water it'll be just fine. :rolleyes:

Mario

IDI is a good basic scuba equipment line. They are one of the oldest scuba manufacturers in the diving industry. Now, that said, since the original owner died and his wife retired, the consistency of the products has been a little lacking. You could get a regulator and BC and have them both perform flawlessly for hundreds of dives. Then again, you could get a regulator that free flows fresh from the box and a BC that comes apart at the seams.

For that reason, I suggest that you get the equipment from a shop that believes in and knows how to adjust IDI equipment. That way, you have someone to take care of you if you have problems.

Just my $.02

Ray

Thanks for the input. My local shop where I got my c-card carries IDI, so thats what I learned with. I probably dont dive as much or as deep as you guys. Thanks

I have been diving for years with IDI. Dunno know what the heck Marios problem is...I'd dive with IDI over any other gear even if my life depended on it. (oh yeah, I forgot...it does! :wink:)

IDI has had some management reorganizaiton I've heard and over the last year they have been able to concentrate on more on engineering vs. business issues. I think the issue with QC has been resolved at the factory level. I have talked to people in the industry and their return rate for defects is no higher than Scubapro, Dacor, or Mares.

Alot of people say bad things about IDI because they were the first to green light Internet sales which has hurt dive shop profits. Hey...just the the law of the competitive maketplace! If you can't stand the heat....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom