Identify this skull?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Scubaboard! In less than one day, I got an answer the most random question I have ever asked on here....

It is definitely a bone from an Armadillo, it looks exactly like the section on the far left of the link here.

Thanks again!

Not a skull, looks like pelvis and base of tail ... of an armadillo.

Now that I know how to see it up close I definitely go with possum on the half shell. If you check out this link you can clearly see that it more than resembles the pelvic arch of an armadillo.

Armadillo Skeleton

Sorry that the mystery is basically solved. It takes the adventure and excitement out of it. Would much rather it had been something more interesting.

you all have it wrong, it's a jackalope. But it lost it's antlers

jackalope.jpg

They're a carrier - that's why the Air Force Survival School stopped making candidates trap and eat one during training.

Some of them have Hansen's Disease. I wouldn't eat any.

But don't forget they are dangerous, in Texas these things have done all sorts of despicable things to beer containing vessels. Fortunately they seem to be exhibitionist because it usually only occurs near roadways.:eyebrow:

So do not go out in those woods with beer containing vessels!!!!! Especially this time of year - I do believe we are either in or near snipe season.:11::D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom