iDeco 1.4 - Available NOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, Brock, This is what I just did to replicate the problem.

That's very strange. I can't seem to replicate the problem no matter how many profile changes I make (I tried ten).

Quite a nice program indeed.
I used it to cut backup tables diving the Duane and the Spiegle.
It gave me a similar plan than what I am used to but more aggressive than what I liked by only 2-3min.
I wish it allowed me to switch to my deco gas at the first deco stop instead of the gas MOD.
It could remember my deco mix from dive 1 to 2 .

Thank you and great job.
JL

just found out how i could change the conservatism and at 80% it matches my dive plans better.
Also noted that it prints EAN30 when in fact the gas is set to 32% O2 (EAN32).

just found out how i could change the conservatism and at 80% it matches my dive plans better.
Also noted that it prints EAN30 when in fact the gas is set to 32% O2 (EAN32).

Note quite sure I understand... Can you give me a profile so I can look into this?

You can email me direct at brockbr@gmail.com

I think is it a case of slippery fingers and my fault. I cannot reproduce it. It now shows EAN32 as selected.

My profile is
45min @ 30m with EAN32 and 50/50 deco gas
45min SI
45min @ 33m with EAN32 and 50/50 deco gas

Your program gets me out at 60min on the first dive and 88min on the second dive.

When I cut tables (V-Planner +3) I get 62min on the first dive and 79min on the second dive. My observation is that your program would be ok to use for real dives as it is similar on first dives and more conservative on repetitive dives. So please keep up the good work.

It would be nice to calculate the depth where off-gassing occurs (17.4m and 19.3m in the case of my plans).

What is the assumption for the SI before dive 1?

Thanks,
JL

Note quite sure I understand... Can you give me a profile so I can look into this?

You can email me direct at brockbr@gmail.com

I think is it a case of slippery fingers and my fault. I cannot reproduce it. It now shows EAN32 as selected.

My profile is
45min @ 30m with EAN32 and 50/50 deco gas
45min SI
45min @ 33m with EAN32 and 50/50 deco gas

Your program gets me out at 60min on the first dive and 88min on the second dive.

When I cut tables (V-Planner +3) I get 62min on the first dive and 79min on the second dive. My observation is that your program would be ok to use for real dives as it is similar on first dives and more conservative on repetitive dives. So please keep up the good work.

It would be nice to calculate the depth where off-gassing occurs (17.4m and 19.3m in the case of my plans).

What is the assumption for the SI before dive 1?

Thanks,
JL
I believe Brock's program starts each dive 1 assuming tissue pressure is equal to surface pressure. Not sure where you could put "offgassing begins at" on the Buhl algorithm on an iphone, since there's 16 different tissues all with different speeds, not sure there's enough screen real estate for that.

I'm jealous of all of you with iphones and ipods to run this...I wanna see it for Android!

My iPhone arrives tomorrow, and this will be the first app I try out.

Looking forward to playing with it compared to VPM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom