Ideas for Displaying Regs on Den Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why criticize someone's decoration choices?

The obvious answer for the OP's display is a torso mannequin with head. Kind of creepy thing to have in a den IMO, but de gustibus...

1639663436363.jpeg

At my home office I had one of the cantilever shelves that was held in with the 50# drywall anchors as the shelf was not made for 16" centers for wall studs.. The weight of a number of first and second stages ripped it out of the wall....

BTW - That DH is ready to dive at any moment. Fully functional.

Actually the "cut away" first stage in the lower left corner...
That's cool. I couldn't see what it was on my phone.

Judging from the non-diving stuff in the photo, it's no wonder passersby would be drawn to a cutaway of a miniature high pressure valve system. :)

Although it would probably end up a bit too large for a den wall, use the hoses (either real or some substitute that is more easily trimmed to length) as the lines for a line-art drawing, with the various components representing features of whatever is pictured.

Example 1 - Representational Art: The hoses outline a simplified line drawing of a whale. A second stage Reg is where the whale's eye would be, the first stage is where the blowhole is, etc.

Example 2 - Words: Spell the word "Scuba" in cursive with the hoses - place the regs appropriately (perhaps in the center of the b or a, perhaps before or after...)

Example 3 - Draw the Dive: Start with a tank valve, have the hose go from there to outline waves or a fish, place the regs appropriately, end with the hose going into or underneath a beer bottle (or whatever your preferred post-dive beverage is)

Back
Top Bottom