Ideas for Displaying Regs on Den Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GEColbert

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want to display a regulator on my den wall, but I'm a bit short on ideas on how to make a classy looking wall display. Looking at hanging a full kit (1st Stage, 2nd stages, console) and having it look artsy and interesting instead of just a tangle of strange parts and hoses. I would like to be able to brag that the regulator is functional and ready to use. I'm sure that there are folks here who have done this, but I'm just not creative enough to figure it out.

Has anyone here figured out how to do a presentation like this? Care to share your ideas?

TIA
Glen

Reactions: OTF
shelf with a tank crown...

1639326808095.png

For double hose regs, these plate stands from the Container Store work really well

For single hose regs, I’d also look at using really short hoses or even not having any hoses to clean up the display.

I want to display a regulator on my den wall, but I'm a bit short on ideas on how to make a classy looking wall display. Looking at hanging a full kit (1st Stage, 2nd stages, console) and having it look artsy and interesting instead of just a tangle of strange parts and hoses. I would like to be able to brag that the regulator is functional and ready to use. I'm sure that there are folks here who have done this, but I'm just not creative enough to figure it out.

Has anyone here figured out how to do a presentation like this? Care to share your ideas?

TIA
Glen

A friend, who has amassed quite a collection, has a few complete antique regulators, arranged in a circular fashion, on flat, hardwood plaques, with bindings composed of either tiny cable ties or even monofilament line, fastened on the back of the mount, through discreet holes, which are easily detached or rearranged . . .

If you’re at this level of discretion with interior decoration, then it’s likely you can splurge for some custom shadow boxes for each component. You could use some 1/4 inch furniture grade plywood with a teak oil finish.

By my count, that’s three shadow boxes - one for the first stage, one larger one for both second stages and one for the SPG (and you could add the inflator-deflator).

I’d leave a length of hose attached to each component (so four for the first stage) and run it into a snug hole in the back wall of the shadow box and snip it there. That would help illustrate the entire air circuit.

I’d use a contrasting color felt (maybe white) for the display shelf inside the shadow box set in a dado at 45 degrees.

Internal lighting would be hip but require power to each shadow box….feasible but more involved. You could also use external museum lights.

In the center, underneath the first stage, you could write up an interesting narrative complete with a company letterhead and frame it in the same wood as the shadow boxes.

Two second stages on the viewer’s left, first stage 12 o’clock high, narrative center, SPG snd k valve to the right.

The lay person will be intrigued and the diver in envious awe.

Cool project!

Are these regs you plan to actually use sometimes (you're looking for an elegant storage method) or strictly something you want to display as a decoration?

Get a head Maniquin...

Then sell it as an NFT for gazillions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom