Ideas for Displaying Regs on Den Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sell cut off tank tops with J-valves on them. If you are on facebook marketplace, you will probably find them with a quick search.
$25 shipped in the US.

Bolt them to a life size photo of yourself wearing the stuff
See? I have these great ideas, too, but I still don’t get picked to be on my wife’s interior decoration team.

I sell cut off tank tops with J-valves on them. If you are on facebook marketplace, you will probably find them with a quick search.
$25 shipped in the US.

Aren’t you concerned about a bunch of vintage divers showing up to protest in front of your home?

Aren’t you concerned about a bunch of vintage divers showing up to protest in front of your home?
The only group cheaper than vintage divers are technical divers. If they really wanted J-valves, I have probably 100 of them sitting in a box at home. $3 each, who wants them?

I'm thinking that the tank top with a valve on it sitting on a shelf captures the main idea that I'm after. I'm trying to visualize how to integrate some kind of bracket to mount the second stages and SPG to. Possibly extensions from the front of the shelf. Possibly some kind of oblong dowel to fit in the 2nd mouthpieces. This probably should be teak, but I'm a bit partial to black walnut.

Just curious about what's so special about this reg. I have ever reg I've ever owned, starting with a Calypso, then a few Conshelfs, MR12s, ScubaPros of various flavours. Those all reside in various bins of retired dive crap in my garage, shed, house, cottage. Can't say I've ever considered mounting them. Currently, I have sack full of Apeks regs. Same thing.

Having said that, it was me, I'd figure out a way to connect to a keg of beer and use it for a tap. I appreciate there there may be some challenges with this, but how awesome would it be! :)

Having said that, it was me, I'd figure out a way to connect to a keg of beer and use it for a tap. I appreciate there there may be some challenges with this, but how awesome would it be! :)
Now you have me thinking......

I want to display a regulator on my den wall, but I'm a bit short on ideas on how to make a classy looking wall display. Looking at hanging a full kit (1st Stage, 2nd stages, console) and having it look artsy and interesting instead of just a tangle of strange parts and hoses. I would like to be able to brag that the regulator is functional and ready to use. I'm sure that there are folks here who have done this, but I'm just not creative enough to figure it out.

Has anyone here figured out how to do a presentation like this? Care to share your ideas?

TIA
Glen
First, “bragging“ is odd in my opinion and for the most part any regulator with hoses attached will just look like a big mess. Without hoses there are only a few designed with enough external character to garner interest, first stages like the SP MK 25 or MK 17 would fit and second stages like a D400 or 109 would catch someone eye but once the tangle of hoses are added this becomes less aesthetically pleasing. You may be surprised at how little non-divers care about this stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom