Ideal Stage reg hose length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yea but the spg also gets in the way when you're trying to turn the handwheel when you do it like that. and that doesn't work with anything but long first stages like the mk25

Its not a problem in the water, and ya, only with the mk20 type regs. I still like it more than having the SPG in front, though.

40" works fine for me.

Thanks guys...I really appreciate a place where I can go and ask questions like this!! I've got a LOT to learn...but that is half the fun!!

Yup, 40" hose works nicely from the bottle and around the back of my neck (same as long hose routing).

Stays nice and tidy.

Cheers,

For turret head 1st stages the 40" will give the correct length to wrap and park the regulator. However I was getting a lot of inquiries back in 2004 from people on the non-turret head regulators telling me the hose was just a tad short. That was when we introduced the 44" hose. Amazingly we sold hundreds of them the first month we introduced them. Since then we expanded our hose line to include, 40, 42, and 44" deco reg hoses. There are even MiFlex hoses in 44"

LP HOSES

Turret head regulators 40"
Non-Turret Head Regulators 44"

Cheers
JDS
That's been my experience. 40" works great with Mk 10s,20s, 25s etc but 42" was ideal with a non swiveling first stage.

I am also a fan of the behind the turret SPG location on the Sp balanced piston regs.

I stage a little differently than some here. For the traditional stage bottle configuration, 40 inch works great. For sidemounting 2 stage bottles on top, I use a shorter hose on my right bottle.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom