Idea for Feb '05 Wrinkles Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Bottom Scratcher? ew. Of all the boats on the sea...

Why not make the Feb 05 dive the Avalon Clean up? Maybe we can plan on diving on a real dive boat another time?

Just a thought.

K

I bet a lot of us would be there anyway...just in case, it will be 2/19/2005.

Hey, no reason we can't attend the cleanup AND do a boat dive :biggrin:!!

jennifer

I mentioned the Bottom Scratcher because they listed this special with the price. While there are things about the Bottom Scratcher that could definately be approved upon, I like the crew.

I looked at the Pacific Star and they have no schedule posted as of yet for Feb. The Encore has a schedule up, but it doesn't say where they are going and the cost. The Encore has plenty of room and is a great boat to do overnighters on as well.

What about the Specture? They are out of Ventura and have a hot tub on board!!!! If I was going to drive up to Ventura to do a dive boat, I would most likely want to do 2 days of diving.

Who is up for just 1 day and who can pull off 2 days?

I don' know how to start a poll but here are some of the things that we need to decide:

I would/would not want to do a boat dive?

One/Two day boat dive?

Date of Boat Dive?

Boat?

I agree that I'd prefer not to do the Bottom Scratcher if it's an overnight thing. It's not a bad boat for a 1-day trip, but I can not sleep in the bunks. Talk about small!
Personally, I'd prefer a 1-day trip, preferrably on a Sunday, although if I get enough notice, I can take a Sat. off work. My weekends are open for now, so any weekend in Jan or Feb works for me.
I haven't been on the Pacific Star, but have heard very good things about it and would be interested. There's also the Psalty V, but it's only got room for 7 divers. It's a nice, fast boat, and being small, we'd be able to fill it so we'd have it for ourselves, which would be nice.

Ann Marie:
a 2 day dive trip to the backside of Catalina for $195. in Feb. Would anyone be interested in something like that?

Count me in, I'm all about 'backside' :wink:

John-Boy

Geeezuz, I guess I'm going on this...........that Xcel wetsuit better keep me warm. I hope we can get the price down a little, this is right in the middle of property taxes.

ShakaZulu:
Geeezuz, I guess I'm going on this...........that Xcel wetsuit better keep me warm. I hope we can get the price down a little, this is right in the middle of property taxes.

Drysuit on your Christmas list yet Roy????

Mine will be here Friday.

Terry

I guess it's definitely going to get cold doing "unlimited" dives. Let's find out some options for other boats as well. Maybe the BottomScratcher is too small for an overnighter. I had an excellent time doing a day trip to Catalina on their boat.

divebuddysean:
Maybe the BottomScratcher is too small for an overnighter.

I have spent many nights on a bottom scratcher but we broke up years ago...... :eyebrow:

divinman:
I have spent many nights on a bottom scratcher but we broke up years ago...... :eyebrow:

Oh, I remember you telling me about that. So, is he out of prison yet? :eyebrow:

John-Boy
(who's your buddy, who's your pal......that's right, I am) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom