Ida - 75

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepblueh2o:
Help! does anyone have info on the Russian IDA-75. My searchs comeup with nothing. Ebay's got one, would like to make an informed decision. THANKS.
Check out the following:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/dg8fz/rebreather/Valeri/history.htm
http://www.therebreathersite.nl/Presentatie2002/1970-1980/ida-75.htm

You'll actually find more info in the ebay ad itself, but do check out the IDA-71 teardowns found elsewhere, as the 75 seems similar but with a larger scrubber and offboard trimix switching capabilities. Do you really need this rebreather? If so, why? These are questions you should be asking yourself. A cheap price isn't in itself a good answer ...

Do your homework properly! Russian RBs are solidly built, but off-the-shelf they are most definitely not for everybody. The gas switching method which I gather is used by the IDA-75 at 20 metres is not to be trifled with. (See O2 partial pressure comment further down.)

If you're serious about the purchase, e-mail somebody like Dave Sutton or Åke Larsson, and see if they have the time to give you some further info on this very rare prototype model. These guys know their IDAs. If you can't find their e-mail addresses, you have no business diving Russian RB:s ... :nonono:

Please note that 100% O2 at 20 metres gives a ppO2 of 3,0! :spike:

The old Soviet military rebreather divers certainly lived life in the fast lane, so although this was their SOP, no civilian diver in their right mind today would dream of it.

That said, this is definitely a unique model for the mantlepiece if you're a collector, and it very likely converts into a nice, sturdy and remarkably cheap KISS-IDA if that's the way you want to go (he says and thinks about odd bits and pieces - such as Interspiro hoses, Swagelock products and something from a clever guy named Gordon- for some reason :54: ) and you know your stuff ...

The latter is an absolute requirement. Know your stuff. All the best.

fins wake:
Check out the following:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/dg8fz/rebreather/Valeri/history.htm
http://www.therebreathersite.nl/Presentatie2002/1970-1980/ida-75.htm

You'll actually find more info in the ebay ad itself, but do check out the IDA-71 teardowns found elsewhere, as the 75 seems similar but with a larger scrubber and offboard trimix switching capabilities. Do you really need this rebreather? If so, why? These are questions you should be asking yourself. A cheap price isn't in itself a good answer ...

Do your homework properly! Russian RBs are solidly built, but off-the-shelf they are most definitely not for everybody. The gas switching method which I gather is used by the IDA-75 at 20 metres is not to be trifled with. (See O2 partial pressure comment further down.)

If you're serious about the purchase, e-mail somebody like Dave Sutton or Åke Larsson, and see if they have the time to give you some further info on this very rare prototype model. These guys know their IDAs. If you can't find their e-mail addresses, you have no business diving Russian RB:s ... :nonono:

Please note that 100% O2 at 20 metres gives a ppO2 of 3,0! :spike:

The old Soviet military rebreather divers certainly lived life in the fast lane, so although this was their SOP, no civilian diver in their right mind today would dream of it.

That said, this is definitely a unique model for the mantlepiece if you're a collector, and it very likely converts into a nice, sturdy and remarkably cheap KISS-IDA if that's the way you want to go (he says and thinks about odd bits and pieces - such as Interspiro hoses, Swagelock products and something from a clever guy named Gordon- for some reason :54: ) and you know your stuff ...

The latter is an absolute requirement. Know your stuff. All the best.

Fins is absolutely right. You need to talk to Dave Sutton about this deal. He is absolutely "the man in the know" when it comes to these Russian units. I have seen a unit (IDA-71) built here in Houston by Joel Seymour. Damn fine looking unit. He got the unit, parts, ideas, and instruction from Dave.

<www.nobubbles.com>

P.S.---The Russian units are like Olga from Tractor Factory #5; strong like bull, but definitely not sleek!!!

BJD :anakinpod

If you use one. I'd suggest a different model to start with. The Removable bottom on that scrubber might cause problems.

The hook up to Tri mix on that one looks Exactly like the one on my IDA71. Or that it had. Now it's CCR. I stripped all the Piping out and redid it. My IDA72 has some of the same things done to it. But has some Special things incorporated.

If You're gonna build one. I'd get the 71. There's already been so many done. It's all over the net how to convert one.

Hi deepblueh2o !
I just checked out the rebreather-status on Ebay! I bought an IDA-71 there myself by the same guy (Sergey Kravchenko) and the guy seem honest enough. He does NOT however know that much about diving, though !!! I hope you've noticed that the external (Nitrox/Trimix) bottle is lacking on the IDA-75 that he's selling right now, and I definitely think you'll get more value for your money buing the IDA-71 rig he's selling !
So... don't hesitate to send your hard-earned money off to Russia, but read his ad's carefully, as "sergastr" is by no means a rb-diver!
Take care!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom