ID this little boat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Alberto... yes, back on the island and even in the water yesterday.

Since I rarely dive the park these days (thanks to the great folks at ScubaLuv), I can't say with any certainty exactly when that boat appeared or anything else about it. Besides... it's outside the park boundaries and you run the risk of getting dye tablet bombed by the harbor patrol if you venture out there!

Welcome back and thanks for the info Bill. It looks to me like that little boat has been there more than a couple of years based on the plant growth covering it. What do you mean, dye tablet bombed? Is that a mini depth charge the harbor master drops on unsuspecting divers who venture out of the park? I’d better check in with the HM before I go next time!

Alberto, you have it there. NNE, 25m of the platform at 70-75 fsw. The bow is pointing SSW and the stern is damaged/missing. I shot some tape of it but I was really to close for an overall view. Next time I’ll shoot some overall, wide angle shots of it and of the platform.

Besides... it's outside the park boundaries and you run the risk of getting dye tablet bombed by the harbor patrol if you venture out there!

Hi Dr. Bill,
mmmhhhhh .... maybe I should ignore this boat then and leave the eSite as it is ? (now it shows a "rock" where the boat is -> 118 19' 31.22"W 33 21' 0.48"N)

For sure I don't want to encourage divers to "trespass" with the risk of getting "bombed" by the harbor cops.:shakehead::shakehead:

What is your recommendation / suggestion? Rock or boat?

Regards,

I_AM

Some of the other wrecks (or portions of) lay outside the official park boundaries. What would be the difference ?

Hi Dr. Bill,
mmmhhhhh .... maybe I should ignore this boat then and leave the eSite as it is ? (now it shows a "rock" where the boat is -> 118 19' 31.22"W 33 21' 0.48"N)

For sure I don't want to encourage divers to "trespass" with the risk of getting "bombed" by the harbor cops.:shakehead::shakehead:

What is your recommendation / suggestion? Rock or boat?

Regards,

I_AM

Your coordinates (above) are as I remember it, correct. I would label it the "SS unknown", or "SS Bill's Retreat" or "SS NameMe" or the "SS Lost and Confused".

Your coordinates (above) are as I remember it, correct. I would label it the "SS unknown", or "SS Bill's Retreat" or "SS NameMe" or the "SS Lost and Confused".

or "SS Teamcasa"?

I_AM

Here's an idea. What would be the problem/issue with getting some lift bags and moving the SSNameMe back into the park boundaries?

which ones?

I_AM

For example, there's another small sailboat that's also just outside the park boundaries ; approx NNE from the Kismet & Glass Bottom Boat. Some of the SuJac debris also sits just out of bounds.

I've got it! The SS MissD :D

LOL, MissD. I think one of the first times I stumbled across the mystery wreck was swimming back from the Valiant with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom