Icon net ready conservatism

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KeithGU42

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
got about 20 dives on the new icon and im very happy so far.

but have you found it very conservative.

last week i was 1 minute from deco time and today went into deco.

both dives were with different buddys and there computers were not near deco.

todays buddy was 6 minutes form deco and last weeks was 5.

anyone found this

the p factor is set low

both previous dives were the same.

cheers

I found it a bit odd that the default setting adheres to the standard algorithm (P0), and the options to chose from are a more conservative version (P2), and an intermediate one (P1).

Even the wording tricked me into thinking there's a less-strict one, but no. It seems you can go from the standard setting to a stricter one or to an über-strict one.

But your question can go both ways. Maybe your icon is less conservative, and your buddy's computer is in the "I-don't-care" mode.

On a different note, if my computer tell's me I'm one minute to deco, I'm one minute to deco, regardless of what someone else's computer says. Going into deco and "justifying" it by saying "my buddy's computer said we were nowhere near deco" is not an excuse to anyone but yourself, and you're more than welcome to use it, but are you 100% sure your buddy's dive profile is exactly the same as yours? Unless you're joined at the hip or have found a 101st use for the "100 uses superglue", there's no way you can guarantee your diving profiles are exactly the same.

I'd be more worried if I were your buddy and my comp didn't show deco, but someone elses did...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom