Ice training!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-5 F and looking good for our PADI Ice Diver weekend here in mid March! :D

Very nice shots, I loved them - especially the mercury or ice shot.

What thickness undergarment were you wearing?

Gary's method is the only ice training we're gonna get around here. It's the coldest night of the year here, in the 30s

Gary D.:
You know you can practice phase one of ice training at home and it’s simple.

Go into the freezer compartment of the refrigerator and remove the ice cube tray.

Place some of the cubes into a 16oz glass.

Pour Cruzan Rum into glass to one-third the available volume.

Fill remaining volume with a Cola product.

Take glass and it’s contents to an easy chair and sit down.

Recline the chair.

Sip contents.

Place glass on head and dream about being under ice.

Repeat as needed.

:D :D

Gary D.

Muy classico, amigo!! Outstanding!! :D

Rob

Awesome photos Greg! I can not even imagine how cool that must be!

Turut-056.jpg

hullet-underifra.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Turut2-017.jpg

We sure had some fun this weekend! 18 divers (11 students) got together for an inland diving weekend as we held a PADI Ice Diver course.

The rest of the pictures here: http://www.turut.no/isdykkerkurs.htm

Finally I got to do some diving 2 minutes from home! :D

Damn that sure looks like fun!! to bad for us out ice is long gone! Glad you had a good time! Great pics too!

Greg D.:
Damn that sure looks like fun!! to bad for us out ice is long gone! Glad you had a good time! Great pics too!

Here's my humble ice-face! :D

isdykking%201500.jpg

Yeah, it WAS fun! And with a high motivation factor added; ICE COLD beer at the local pub afterwards! :14: We were 20 divers teaming up making our definitive inland environment pub/bar into a real "scuba bar"! A 70 minutes uw-pictures and video show on the big screen made it complete.

For the more seriously oriented, this course gave us a grand opportunity to (again) be in an under water environment without 100% control... Fresh water (= to much lead!), very little light and no fixed objects to focus on, gave even the most experienced ones of us something to work with, as we tried to stay at a certain depth in open water. It's difficult!!!

The depht was about 60 feet. I made the deepest dive at 62 feet, but then I crash dove into the silth with gained speed from about 20 feet depth, and with plenty of mass to go with as I must have been about 12 lbs overweighted... If you wonder, the answer is NO, there ain't any visibility in two feet of mud...

Oki! I've put together a little ice diving video from our PADI Ice Diver course two weeks ago. Enjoy!

(Note the suitable music...)

Video: Ice Ice Baby! (30 mb)​

Back
Top Bottom