Ice Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know that she as a class to teach, it's more of she does the dives.
Her and Lynn use to go to Twin Lakes.

I got some good dry gloves, so I'm ready to go back out. I have a good source for them now.
asta

blacklatexozdiver:
I'd love to do some ice diving but living in Australia doesn't help. *sigh*
Hello blacklatexozdiver,
Come on over to Colorado. We can go do some ice diving. I can't find anyone here to go...lol. What are the interesting spots that you dive over there in Australia?
Rick

Dr. Frankenmule:
I don't know that she as a class to teach, it's more of she does the dives.
Her and Lynn use to go to Twin Lakes.

I got some good dry gloves, so I'm ready to go back out. I have a good source for them now.
asta

I'm looking for some good dry gloves so that I can do some cold water dives. Do you have any more info on them?

sorry this took so long.
That is a can of worms my friend....
There are several thoughts on glove systems. I have spend the better part of a month chasing down info.
Type one;
rings and glove systems. That is one of the ones I ended up with. You get a ring system that slips onto the suit and stays there in place with an internal ring that sandwiches the suit seal between two pieces of plastic. The gloves slide over top of the outer ring and stays on and sealed by water pressure. You can use a velcro strap of rubber o-rings over top of the gloves while you get use to it (or so I'm told). I have Viking rings with some chemical gloves. I haven't tried them yet since I didn't get to dive last weekend. Fairly cheap, $65.00 for the rings (talk to Jess at Odyssey), and about $12.00 for the gloves.

Locking rings;
these are the same basic design as the Vikings, but they use actual dry gloves and have a ring that locks onto the gloves. You have a larger twist lock ring that locks the two halves together. High dollar setup. $150 range

The last is the cheapest.
Chemical gloves or dry gloves sealed to your wrist seal. That is another method I'm trying. You use pressure the two seals over lapping each other to make the seal. The problem with this is that you get no air in the gloves from your suit unless you stick a little piece of fish tank air hose up your wrist.

I don't think there is any "one way" to do gloves. It all seems to be personal taste from what I can gather talking to people.

PS, Where were you last weekend.......
I ended up taking my boat up to Carter and puttering around looking for stuff to dive on the fish finder.....

asta
Greg

Thanks for the info. I was actually looking at both setups that you are trying. I'll be interested to see what you find out. Right now it doesn't really matter to me, I'm just looking for some gloves so that I can get wet again without my hands freezing. It's been over 2 months since my last dive and I'm starting to shrivel from dehydration.

Back
Top Bottom