Ice Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Great we have a club! :monkeydan

Now, I got that off my chest, Is there any shops or individuals planning any ice dives? I am interested in doing at least one, just to see what it is like (and to say I've done one). A few weeks ago, a couple of freinds and I went to Carter Lake. There was snow on the ground, three feet of ice forming around the shore, and a water temp of 39 deg. Almost ice diving, but, not quite. We are going to So. Cal. the 2nd week in march, with a couple days on Catalina. Any other time, on weekends, would be great. Also, I am open for any other dives locally or within a weekend drive & dive. Going to the blue hole feb. 18th, 19th, & 20th with a class, is anyone else going down then? Thanks, Rick

Well, If there isn't anyone planning any ice dives, is anyone interested in doing some? I know a couple of people that would go. Maybe we could make a day of it, and experiance the wonders of driving to the mountains, tracking thru the snow, prepping the area, then jumping thru the ice into freezing, uninhabital, ice water. Just a thought! :icon10: Thanks, Rick

Rick, I'm interested in doing some Ice diving, however, as I am not ice certified, and haven't ever been in an overhead environment, I would REALLY like some training before I jump in. BTW I am dry suit certified. When I was at Flatirons Scuba, a few weeks ago, there was some discussion about some people from that store going ice diving, so you might want to talk to them.

Thanks,
I will get in touch with them. I am not certified for ice,either. I will have to get the training, also. Well, I will call Flatirons, and find out the details, then post them.
Rick

A-1 and Diver's Reef (Colorado Springs) do an ice diving class together every year -- try them.

Roak

roakey:
A-1 and Diver's Reef (Colorado Springs) do an ice diving class together every year -- try them.

Roak
Yeah I thhink their class was about a week or two ago, but they may have another coming up.

Heavy D:
Yeah I thhink their class was about a week or two ago, but they may have another coming up.

Underwater Connection also has a couple of ice instructors.

Rick,
Kathy does ice dives, I have been trying to get her to plan one for months. I would be up for a class, but not till I get the Adv Ean & Deco class done.
On a side note, anyone wanting to do some cold dives, let me know. I am setting up an Argon fill setup this weekend. My brother and I are using AL13 cyls for our setups. I plan to do 50/50 Argon/air fills.

Hi Roger.

asta
Greg

PS, it's about time you told me about this group Rick.....

I'd love to do some ice diving but living in Australia doesn't help. *sigh*

Dr. Frankenmule:
Rick,
Kathy does ice dives, I have been trying to get her to plan one for months. I would be up for a class, but not till I get the Adv Ean & Deco class done.
On a side note, anyone wanting to do some cold dives, let me know. I am setting up an Argon fill setup this weekend. My brother and I are using AL13 cyls for our setups. I plan to do 50/50 Argon/air fills.

Hi Roger.

asta
Greg

PS, it's about time you told me about this group Rick.....

Hey Greg,
We need to work on Kathy a little more, time is running out. I talked to her a couple times, with no real answer. Lets confront her with a bunch of pleeeezzzze's. If we can come up with a few more people that are interested in taking a class, that might help, also.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom