Ice diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, now since I am certified.. who run Ice diving trips for already certified divers? in other words, I don't want to pay full price for an ice diving class just to go ice diving again... seems that most shops just offer classes (since it's their bread & butter), but about those that want to keep on doing the dives?.. or ir's kinda assume that people do it to get a c-card and that they probably won't ever do it again?

hoboken does, and its a blast. a bunch of divers, a bus and alchohol. how can you lose? they have a regular crew that goes every year. give them a call 201-795-3483. they might not have any spots for this year i believe they are going the first week in mar.

There is a group of folks that have been going on this trip all 7 or 8 years it has been running... (although I'm secretly convinced some people go for the kegger on the bus... hehe). It IS the first weekend in March (5-7) and it is pretty full but call if you are interested in going. Apparently the ice is so thick right now that they've been driving large trucks across. We've got this great picture in the shop of the extra small hole that was drilled for a mesh bag holding the Heinekens. The last 2 guys coming out did a pit stop at the bag and came out of the hole holding a beer... hehehe.

Alchohol + cold temps + cold water = .............???

dutchfin:
Alchohol + cold temps + cold water = .............???

I just got back from two great days of ice diving up in Alexandria Bay.

The actual ratio of dive time to bar time is one of minutes to hours

For example:1 min. under the ice 1 hour in the bar, 3 min. under the ice 3 hours in the bar.... you get the idea.

:coke:

VTernovski:
I have an idea. Why don't we make this Ice Diving this winter a club dive. Who else is interested?
I am. I didn't get on the list for the Hoboken trip.

i'm pretty sure tsc has a few spots open for their trip to lake champlain the last weekend of the month.
i'm not signed up, but may be last minute if there's still room.
slim chance at best.

XJae - I'm signed up for TSC's trip at the end of the month. Last I heard, there was one other person signed up and a few maybes, so I'm betting there'll probably still be room. Of course, the TSC guys are on this board now, so I'm sure they'll be able to tell you more than I can.

sorry to keep this big thread going, but the Hoboken Dive Center just opened up a couple more spots on the ice diving trip (March 5-7) to Lake Winnipesaukee, NH. If anyone is interested send me a PM or phone me at the shop!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom