Ice diving-Lake Charlevoix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caverkevin

Contributor
Reaction score
Thinking about heading up north to dive the wreck of Keuka in Lake Charlevoix. Wondering if there are any other dive sites in Lake Charlevoix worthy of making a ice dive. Is the Keuka the only show in that area?

Kevin Jones

Hi Kevin,

In the channel is a wreck called the Elizabeth II. I am not sure of the exact location since I have only been to it while on charters with Scuba North.

I am sure they would be happy to tell you how to find it though.

Scuba North (231) 947-2520

Enjoy,

caverkevin:
Thinking about heading up north to dive the wreck of Keuka in Lake Charlevoix. Wondering if there are any other dive sites in Lake Charlevoix worthy of making a ice dive. Is the Keuka the only show in that area?

Kevin Jones

Chuckling out loud to the question is there anything to see in Traverse City. Kevin look up the post about are diving in Traverse City.

Thank you for the reference to the other post. Looks like you guys have a pretty good knowledge of the area. In Lake Charlevoix there is a sunken wreckage symbol south of Horse point/Young state park on NOAA chart 14942. The symbol appears to be in about 70 feet of water. Any idea of what is suppose to be on the bottom in that area??

Kevin

Kevin, Not a clue what that marker could be for.

Ted-gtxl1200, now you know that we had a massive abundance of things to see while diving in Traverse City.
The ever elusive Zebra Mussel, crayfish, seaweed and of course, sand. :)

Kevin Jones

There is another small wreck in 70 ft. of water further out in the lake to the Northeast but because of the distance and being a small wreck they do not ice dive on it. The Kueka is an easy target to find for ice diving and is not to far from shore. I plan on being there just to get wet (really dry).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom