Trip Report Iberostar - review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove a day with Dressel at the Iberostar in Coz a few years back (day trip from PDC) and got the AI thrown in. Had enough time to eat something before we dove and shorter time to get something after our 2 dives. My buddy says the seafood paella they were serving was the best he'd had. Don't think I ate anything before the dives and had time to grab a burger afterwords - my buddy had more paella. At least they had cold beer in a cooler on the boat ride back to the ferry pier.

I'm not much of a connoisseur when it comes to food - I just like to eat. Last had AI food when we stayed at the Melia on the north end. It was okay - some things were better than others. Not sure what people expect at the AI's in Coz - the ones I know of are only about 3 stars at best (let me know if there are some that are better than that.) The food will not match what you can get at most of the restaurants that people mention when visiting Coz. Just pass me some guacamole and chips!!

Dove a day with Dressel at the Iberostar in Coz a few years back (day trip from PDC) and got the AI thrown in. Had enough time to eat something before we dove and shorter time to get something after our 2 dives. My buddy says the seafood paella they were serving was the best he'd had. Don't think I ate anything before the dives and had time to grab a burger afterwords - my buddy had more paella. At least they had cold beer in a cooler on the boat ride back to the ferry pier.

I'm not much of a connoisseur when it comes to food - I just like to eat. Last had AI food when we stayed at the Melia on the north end. It was okay - some things were better than others. Not sure what people expect at the AI's in Coz - the ones I know of are only about 3 stars at best (let me know if there are some that are better than that.) The food will not match what you can get at most of the restaurants that people mention when visiting Coz. Just pass me some guacamole and chips!!
It is all about expectation, isn't it? My pal likes to say "expectation is the mother of disappointment."

I've stayed at Iberostar, and found the accomodations, food and drink more than adequate. I never went hungry or thirsty, and the evening cocktails certainly had the desired effect. I would stay there again, if only for the fact that they are so close to the southern-most dive sites and I hate a 30-minute boat ride.

Drink between dives? Seriously? No matter how crappy, that’s a no-no for me.

Thanks for the review. What’s the daily dive schedule, morning and afternoon departure time, surface intervals, time back to pier ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom