Iberostar Cozumel dock fees!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Bill ... no need to throw more fuel on the fire by continuing to be an a$$ and provoke people. No disrespect intended to Sharkey, but from my viewpoint as an outsider to all of these particular dive ops, his post is just another side of the issue in which he also has stated some erroneous information. But I'm not about to jump up and down and start calling him out for making stuff up and slandering others. Everyone wants to 'defend' their side of the issue - which is great, but it would be nice if everyone would do so with a bit less nastiness and a bit more tact.

Is that how you see it? Two sides to the story?

I have to disagree. The two of them and a few of their friends have been jumping up and down on two other company's reputations simply because they were not here to defend themselves. The things they have been asserting are not sides of a story...they are complete fabrications about competing companies from DWM's stealing park fees to Dressel's slave labor. If the only thing discussed was whether or not Iberostar has the right to charge for the pier, then yes...two opposing viewpoints and a heated discussion. But Antonio and Christi went beyond that and tossed in falsehoods about Dressel and DWM, two dive ops I have used which is why I took an interest in their claims. When I asked them for specifics on any of their attacks, they refused and instead attempted to turn it into a drama fest so they wouldn't have to back up their statements. That's not two sides of the same story...that is aggressive internet shilling.

A shill is a person who helps another person or organization to sell goods or services. The shill pretends to have no association with the seller/group and/or gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic customer or critical expert. The person uses crowd psychology, to influence potential clients. Shills are often employed by confidence artists. In addition, some shills use sock puppetry where they sign on as one user soliciting recommendations for a specific product or service. They then sign on as a different user pretending to be a satisfied customer of a specific company.​

Is that how you see it? Two sides to the story?

I have to disagree. The two of them and a few of their friends have been jumping up and down on two other company's reputations simply because they were not here to defend themselves. The things they have been asserting are not sides of a story...they are complete fabrications about competing companies from DWM's stealing park fees to Dressel's slave labor. If the only thing discussed was whether or not Iberostar has the right to charge for the pier, then yes...two opposing viewpoints and a heated discussion. But Antonio and Christi went beyond that and tossed in falsehoods about Dressel and DWM, two dive ops I have used which is why I took an interest in their claims. When I asked them for specifics on any of their attacks, they refused and instead attempted to turn it into a drama fest so they wouldn't have to back up their statements. That's not two sides of the same story...that is aggressive internet shilling.

A shill is a person who helps another person or organization to sell goods or services. The shill pretends to have no association with the seller/group and/or gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic customer or critical expert. The person uses crowd psychology, to influence potential clients. Shills are often employed by confidence artists. In addition, some shills use sock puppetry where they sign on as one user soliciting recommendations for a specific product or service. They then sign on as a different user pretending to be a satisfied customer of a specific company.​

Bill, Bill Bill. You need help, this is not normal behavior. Nobody knows who sharkey is, remember this is the place where is someone leaves a great review of a dive op for their first post they are called trolls. Anybody could have posted. Anyway, if it is legit at least it confirmed that some dm or instructors are not local which means they may or may not know the reefs and that they have instructors in training from different countries (I actually met one from France in October). No doubt they have lots of satisfied customers, its a big resort and apparently have a great rate of return. IMHO, its a great thing that they are successful. I do not think that any person posting on Scubaboard wishes for them to fail.

Thought you would like to see the definition of "axe to grind":

to have an axe to grind

(idiomatic) To have a dispute, resentment, or grudge, sometimes with a disposition to act on that resentment covertly; to have a bias; to take issue with something.

... this is the place where is someone leaves a great review of a dive op for their first post they are called trolls.

And yet someone can take an unsubstantiated swipe at a resort and/or dive op, and people (95% of whom have never stayed at the resort or ever been diving with the op) will all rise with 'self'-righteous indignation and jump all over the accused with absolutely no facts in play from both sides of the issue.

Internet forum users really are the Lemmings of the Information Age!

Judy, Judy, Judy. Now you are saying that Sharkey doesn't work for Dressel? Is that really going to be the next claim?

Sure, nobody knows what the truth is if they have never dove with Dressel or Dive with Martin. However, if you had dove with them, as I have, and their competitors in here made statements that you knew were false, would you not have a problem with that? Of course you would. Even our friends do things that are wrong sometimes Judy...blindly defending them doesn't help them, only makes you wrong as well.

Judy, Judy, Judy. Now you are saying that Sharkey doesn't work for Dressel? Is that really going to be the next claim?

Sure, nobody knows what the truth is if they have never dove with Dressel or Dive with Martin. However, if you had dove with them, as I have, and competitors in here made statements that you knew were false, would you not have a problem with that? Of course you would. Even our friends do things that are wrong sometimes Judy...blindly defending them doesn't help them, only makes you wrong as well.

We don't know just as we really don't know if you live in Denver and your name is Bill!!! My name could be Phil......we are all "so much cooler online".
I have never met Antonio and reading his postings he can be a bit over the top. I have met Christi twice and I like her. In all the years, (I think its at least 8) I have been in Cozumel 2-3 times per year, I have dove on her boats 3-4 days total.
I cant help but thinking after reading what you have to say the past year or so that its not the information or the ideas posted by "certain " people, its the person herself. Your posts get angrier and angrier as time goes on. You look to start something. The definition of "axe to grind" truly fits this situation. I am not blindly defending anybody, I honestly think that they can defend themselves (or totally ignore you and not waste their time) better than I or anyone else can. I just don't get all the name calling and nastiness you put in your posts. Its childish, mean spirited and totally unnecessary.

I guess we can't just go back to: its a new type of policy on docks and its not nice of IB to do it? :poke:

But, did they pay the dock fee first:D

Mike

:lol::lol::lol:

Which rigs were those? I used to fish the Superiors and Magnolias south of Cameron all the time, and I've been on a few trips out of South Pass. I can't imagine why the oil companies would have a problem with you trolling around the rigs as long as you didn't tie up or interfere with crew boat traffic.

GGunn,

The ones we have had specific problems with are Cajun Express, Auger, Typhoon, and a few of the drill ships. They usually call us on the vhf and tell us to give them a 3 mile radius. Then we turn off the radio and keep fishing. lol. It was really bad following 911. I guess they thought we might be terrorists, and letting us know to stay away would somehow save them from getting rammed. It has gotten better in recent years. The Cajun Express called the coast guard on us once. The coast guard called the boat owners house after the trip and explained that we were within the law. I can't wait for the weather to straighten up so we can get back out there!

Sorry for the delay, of about 8 pages, was out of town for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom