IANTD vs. ANDI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it really true that if you dive the limits of the tables you bend and than unbend at the safety stop? That sounds pretty strane to me. I was led to think that, given the different risk factors, if you dive within the NDL you should be fine.

going one step further, what would be the right way to proceed to deeper diving?

As an AOW diver I am allowed around 100'. I probably did not go deeper than 110' even on Nitrox.

Naturally, I am limited by the PPN2 of 3.2 (that's what I've learned) and PPO2 of around 1.4-1.6. Even playing around with Nitrox doesn't get you too far, without getting into the Deco zone.

So what next? What is the best way to go deeper?

Ari :confused:

Currently I hold PADI Rescue Diver and PADI Enriched Air Diver, I'm interested to participate in Technical Diving Course, especially for the Deep Diving. What is the requirement for both ANDI & IANTD course?
Also want to know what is the minimum depth to be defined as Deep Diving, in terms of ANDI & IANTD standard. PADI will consider below 30 meters depth as a deep diving. Is it the same?

Regards

Erwin Kodiat
Kuta, Bali

Originally posted by erwin.kodiat
Currently I hold PADI Rescue Diver and PADI Enriched Air Diver, I'm interested to participate in Technical Diving Course, especially for the Deep Diving. What is the requirement for both ANDI & IANTD course?
Also want to know what is the minimum depth to be defined as Deep Diving, in terms of ANDI & IANTD standard. PADI will consider below 30 meters depth as a deep diving. Is it the same?

Regards

Erwin Kodiat
Kuta, Bali

ANDI
Must be at least 18 years old
have the CSU rating or equivalent (if no csu rating the csu final exam will be adminstered to determine equivalency)
100 logged dives 20 deeper than 100
complete technical gear
max for the class is 165 (50m) although thats not necessary, dives must be made to at least 130 (40m), all 100 or deeper. It is recommended that the class progress in depth but thats not a requirement.
some instructors and locals have specific additional requirements like insurance and doctors medical certification.

the class is 8-10 hours of lecture with at least 4 dives and 1 confined water session, instructor may require more.. There is a minimum bottom time and run time that must be met, also instructor will not certify until proficiency is proven on all skills.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom