I200c or i300c?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I just finished my AOW course and planning to buy my first dive comp. I don't do free dive and wondering if i200c or i300c a better fit for me.
Thanks

The difference, from what I see, is that the i200c switches between two Nitrox mixes, and the i300c can switch between 3. The i200c should serve you well. Here in the states there isn't a big price difference between the two, I don't know if that's the case in your part of the world.

Bob

The i200C is very new and it appears that the only difference is the size. The i200C is meant to be a watch sized dive computer that can be worn 24X7 while the i300C is a "wrist" dive computer that is bigger in size than the i200C and is only worn while diving. Everything else appears to be the same according to AL's web page.

from what I see, is that the i200c switches between two Nitrox mixes

It says: "Switch between up to 3 Nitrox mixes. Mixes up to 100% O2 with no restriction" for the i200C.
i200C Dive Computer - Aqua Lung Global - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Recreational and Professional Use

I guess that Leisure Pro wrote the wrong specs on their ad for the i200c. I tried your link but the site keeps crashing my old iPad.

Bob

The i200 is a decent starting computer for the price that allows you to dive nitrox. I bought mine in 2016 and used for all my dives. Now that I have a Shearwater, I use it as my backup for normal dives and my bottom timer for tech dives.

My wife and I basically have the older Oceanic versions of each. Functionally they are going to be very similar, the difference is the size. As mentioned, the 200 is designed to basically be a big wrist watch, where the 300 is a traditional puck style dive PC in a wrist boot. Even though the 300 is notably larger is diameter and thickness, the screen sizes are not that different at all. the 200 also has 1 extra menu button which can make navigating the menus a little easier.

My wife and I basically have the older Oceanic versions of each. Functionally they are going to be very similar, the difference is the size. As mentioned, the 200 is designed to basically be a big wrist watch, where the 300 is a traditional puck style dive PC in a wrist boot. Even though the 300 is notably larger is diameter and thickness, the screen sizes are not that different at all. the 200 also has 1 extra menu button which can make navigating the menus a little easier.
And the 200c has Bluetooth for downloads.

Hi @Chris91

Have you decided you want the PZ+ decompression algorithm run on the Aqua Lung computers? It is generally considered to be a solid, middle of the road/moderate algorithm. Oceanic computers run both PZ+ and a 2nd decompression algorithm, DSAT. DSAT is generally considered to be liberal. Aqua Lung and Oceanic computers are manufactured by the same OEM, Pelagic Pressure Systems, now owned by Aqua Lung.
i200C = Geo 4.0
i300C = Veo 4.0
It appears that the Oceanic computers cost about $30 more than the Aqua Lung computer in the US. All 4 of the listed computers have Bluetooth

Best of luck in your computer purchase

Hi @Chris91

Have you decided you want the PZ+ decompression algorithm run on the Aqua Lung computers? It is generally considered to be a solid, middle of the road/moderate algorithm. Oceanic computers run both PZ+ and a 2nd decompression algorithm, DSAT. DSAT is generally considered to be liberal. Aqua Lung and Oceanic computers are manufactured by the same OEM, Pelagic Pressure Systems, now owned by Aqua Lung.
i200C = Geo 4.0
i300C = Veo 4.0
It appears that the Oceanic computers cost about $30 more than the Aqua Lung computer in the US. All 4 of the listed computers have Bluetooth

Best of luck in your computer purchase
This is a great summary. I can only add the previously mentioned difference in form factors: the i200c and Geo 4.0 are wristwatch size, the other two are hockey pucks. I prefer the Oceanics for their dual algorithm.

I can only speak to my experience with the i300c. I found the Bluetooth to be a bit troublesome. It would often freeze while transferring dives to the diverlog+ app and the app itself is crash-prone. The app also doesn’t automatically store dives to the cloud (you have to manually sync them and pay to upgrade your divecloud account if you want to store more than 10 dives). I also had a bit of trouble with the computer misreading depth by about 5m. I sent it in to AL and they couldn’t find anything wrong other than giving me a scolding for replacing the battery with something other than their official battery replacement kit. The computer seems to be working fine now, but I don’t see any special features or design that make it better than any other basic computer.

Can I ask why you are looking only at Aqualung? There are cheaper entry level computers and better advanced computers out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom