I200c or i300c?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does all oceanic computer allow u change the algorithm on the fly? Or they sell different model with different algorithm
All current Oceanic computers are dual algorithm Innovation » Computers There are four choices for level of conservatism. From most liberal to most conservative, DSAT, PZ+, DSAT with conservative factor, PZ+ with conservative factor. The algorithm, with or without the conservative factor, must be chosen before the dive. Once chosen, the algorithm settings are locked in for 24 hours after the dive. This is from my Geo 2 manual:
upload_2019-8-2_9-50-47.png

To give you an idea, here are the NDLs for a 1st, clean dive to 60 feet on air:
DSAT 57 minutes
PZ+ 48 minutes
DSAT with conservative factor 43 minutes
PZ+ with conservative factor 37 minutes
There are complete imperial and metric tables in the back of the Oceanic user manuals, available online Support » Manuals

Yes, so is Genesis. Only Oceanic is dual algorithm
And Aeris if you find it. Speaking of: Anyone want a good price on an A100 2 gauge console? Still new, never used.

To give you an idea, here are the NDLs for a 1st, clean dive to 60 feet on air:
DSAT 57 minutes
PZ+ 48 minutes
DSAT with conservative factor 43 minutes
PZ+ with conservative factor 37 minutes
There are complete imperial and metric tables in the back of the Oceanic user manuals, available online

Is there only one conservatism setting per algorithm or are there several of them?

@BurhanMuntasser, there is only one conservative factor per algorithm, at least in the lower end Oceanics. Much like what is available in the Aqua Lung i300.

Erik

Is there only one conservatism setting per algorithm or are there several of them?
@RIHappyDiver is correct, there is just one conservative setting for DSAT and one for PZ+, for a total of 4 settings. The conservative factor is very simple, it is just moving the altitude to the next higher group. For example, sea level is 0-3000 feet, the next higher group is 3001-4000 feet.

@RIHappyDiver is correct, there is just one conservative setting for DSAT and one for PZ+, for a total of 4 settings. The conservative factor is very simple, it is just moving the altitude to the next higher group. For example, sea level is 0-3000 feet, the next higher group is 3001-4000 feet.

You are saying that their adjustment of conservatism is merely changing the altitude to a higher altitude or is the altitude adjustment in addition to the conservatism adjustment they have? I know that my Suunto computers had 3 conservatism adjustments but also 3 altitude adjustments that can be used as additional conservatism adjustments for a total of 6 adjustments.

You are saying that their adjustment of conservatism is merely changing the altitude to a higher altitude or is the altitude adjustment in addition to the conservatism adjustment they have? I know that my Suunto computers had 3 conservatism adjustments but also 3 altitude adjustments that can be used as additional conservatism adjustments for a total of 6 adjustments.
They shift the calculations by one altitude "bracket". Altitude remains a separate function. I haven't checked a broad range of specific items, but I think the altitude adjustment is automatic on more recent models of most manufacturers, rather than a manual setting. Progress...

Yes, the conservative factor is the next higher altitude group

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom