i200 discontinued on Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbijou

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Leisure Pro is featuring the Aqua Lung i200 at $199.00 as a closeout. Does anybody know what replacement for this model Aqua Lung will be offering in their line and what features it will have, if the manufacturer is discontinuing it ?

Thanks,
Steve

My Suunto Vyper had issues (defects) so I was able to return it to LP within its warranty. Didn't want another one. I now have a $150 credit with LP (I got it on sale) and am looking for another wrist computer. I am an AOW vacation diver and don't need the fanciest thing... looking for readability underwater, liberal vs conservative and a safety stop countdown. Something easy to figure out. I keep a log but don't transfer data to my computer or phone, I just enjoy diving! I've saved the Mares Puck as well as this AquaLung i200 to my wish list. Is the AL i300c worth it? I hesitated to ask here as so many seem to be really into the high priced tech. But I will try... TIA

The $199 price for the i200 is hard to beat as long as you are comfortable with the PZ+ decompression algorithm. It is not more conservative than your Suunto RGBM. The Oceanic Geo2 with DSAT is $349

The $199 price for the i200 is hard to beat as long as you are comfortable with the PZ+ decompression algorithm. It is not more conservative than your Suunto RGBM. The Oceanic Geo2 with DSAT is $349
$255 for the geo if you call them.

I'd go with the Geo2, I dive one with my VT3 as backup. I'm biased toward the DSAT deco algorithm, 17 years, >1650 dives

My Suunto Vyper had issues (defects) so I was able to return it to LP within its warranty. Didn't want another one. I now have a $150 credit with LP (I got it on sale) and am looking for another wrist computer. I am an AOW vacation diver and don't need the fanciest thing... looking for readability underwater, liberal vs conservative and a safety stop countdown. Something easy to figure out. I keep a log but don't transfer data to my computer or phone, I just enjoy diving! I've saved the Mares Puck as well as this AquaLung i200 to my wish list. Is the AL i300c worth it? I hesitated to ask here as so many seem to be really into the high priced tech. But I will try... TIA
Comparison between i300c and i200: I assume you already know the i300c is Bluetooth for log downloads, and the i200 on closeout required an optional download cable, purchased separately.

Aside from that, they run the same algorithm, and have only minor differences. 300 can handle 3 gas mixtures, 200 only has 2 available. Also, 200 is a smaller form factor, which means display will be a little smaller. It is meant to be able to double as a watch, ergo the smaller size. That also means it is always on, rather than eventually time out and go to sleep like the 300 will do. So you probably will be changing the battery once per year on the 200, more often if you dive a lot. And last notable difference is the 300 is a two button interface, while the 200 uses a four button interface. Neither is better than the other, just need to be learned differently, and some folks do find they much prefer one over the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom