I would like to buy dive gear but dont have enough money too =(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your user name is very misleading. especially for this thread. Most agencies require Divemasters to have all of their own gear.

When I started out, I tried every reg, BC, and pair of fins I could. It's much easier to buy what you like, rather than to keep buying until you find something you like :wink:

Rent and borrow 'til you find gear that's comfortable and works well for you.

Best of luck, with your gear, and your goal!! :D

jefffalcone:
There are coma splices in the second sentence and the last sentence of the first paragraph. You demonstrate "proper" use of a preposition by adding a redundant clause, which could have been left off altogether (I know this is redundant:D ). You start several sentences with lowercase letters. The third sentence starts with "Furthermore" and the last sentence starts with "Then". Both of these words could be left off. They don't add any meaning. There's another coma splice towards the end of the second paraghaph. If you're going to point out gramatical errors in another post, you should proofread yourse.
I think you meant comma, not coma. Funny how every person who has corrected the OP's english has made serious grammatical and spelling errors in their posts!!:rofl3:

dive master brett:
ive finished the written and all i have to do is go on the last dive that has been canceled 3 times so i want to get ready to start and advanced ow course
Have you considered taking some of your courses through college programs? If you want to make a career in diving you will need to work on written and spoken communication skills. You sound like an ambitious young man. Good luck with reaching your goals! Just don't get in too much of a hurry. You may find that an associates or bachelor's degree in business or maybe even physical education will go a long way towards helping you in becoming a successful dive professional.

Bubble Junky:
Actually, 'English' is a pronoun, and as such, should begin with a capital letter.

This should say 'I think that it's a preposition and you shouldn't end a sentence with one.'

Pot & kettle ?

Well, I think "that's" means "that is" and "I think that is a preposition" works. English is a proper pronoun, which is why it needs to be capitalized. "He" is also a pronoun but does not get capitalized unless it is the beginning of a sentence or a quoted passage, or is part of a title, or refers to God. I think you're jumping on me because you feel belittled by the PADI/Help thread....but I'll humor you.

First off (really, I've already made some points, so this shouldn't be first....) I wasn't really upset with the OP for his small grammatical mistakes, as we all make them and it's ok. I just dislike when people use the wrong word, or misspell a word in such a way that they spell another word correctly. For example, when someone says "It would be so nice to meat you!" They misspelled the word, but spelled another word, a homonym, correctly. You will notice that I went on to provide some valuable advice to the OP, which was the real purpose of my post.

Secondly, you missed several other errors. I did not capitalize the beginning of my second sentence, or the beginning of my second paragraph. If you are going to lambast me, atleast give me flack for every mistake I make! I mean, if you are going to patronize me, do it right!

(I do not advocate DIR diving, only DIR lambasting and patronizing :) )

To the OP: DANG! Your thread grew! I'm sure someone has answered the "what is Craigslist" question already, but just in case it was glossed over, Craigslist is a type of online community. It's almost like a giant bulletin board--anyone can post to it, anyone can read it, no "membership" or "signing up" needed. Type in "Craigslist" then on the long list of states, find your state. Then find the closest city to yourself. Once you know this, you can google "Craigslist ___________" And inthe blank, put that city name. I google "Craigslist Gainesville" to find my local Craigslist. On Craigslist, you'll want to find the "sporting" section, but sometimes people mispost, so it'sbetter to search for "Scuba" or "diving." There you can find people who are selling equipment in your town, so you can go pick it up and test it out before you buy, and you don't have to pay $20 for it to be shipped to you.

some people are lazy like me and dont capitalize anything,but i type with 1 finger and havent been in a classroom in 25 years.

dive master brett:
ok I either want a bcd or a computer because a bcd i would like to have one that fits is comfortable and a computer so i dont have to use a rental which is not accustomed to me.

I havn't run into any dive shops that rent computers. Has anybody else?

I did 50 dives before I got a computer. Using tables instead forces you to become more familiar with them, it also makes you put some thought into your planning and be more aware of your depth during your dive. Also makes you appreciate a computer when you get one!

Why don't you call up your instructor and ask him/her for advice instead of us internet divers who are critical of your grammar and screen name?

LetterBoy:
:rofl3: Dude just buy a rebreather, it will save you a whole lot of money in the future. . .

Better yet, just hold your breathe for every dive and don't worry about gear :confused: :confused:

(disclaimer: anyone following the above advice is, #1, stupid/ignorant and #2, ready to die. DO NOT DO THIS as it is a poor attempt at humor:D )

There, save myself ok from flamers who may thing I'm serious??

brett,

I have always thought too many grammar/spelling police exist on this board, but this thread drives the point home. The fact is, diving is a sport that attracts many people, and many of them have the finances to do it. More too the point, they have the education, jobs, and income to do it. If you want to go pro, take tracydr's advice and take some courses. Educated people with money to spend will not take you seriously (pay you money) if they perceive you as illiterate. For you police out there, I am quite sure I made some type of mistake in this post...

You should think about that user name; dive master is a good goal; many will see your use of it as disrespectful, however. earn it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom