I was thinking that DIR was crap......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Large quantity of wrong can sometimes become right :)
Actually

If either GUE or some self proclaimed DIR guru's proclaimed that to be DIR meant that your had to ecologically friendly, that would prove that DIR is meaningless.

I'll leave you to figure out why.

Overfishing is the result of legal fishing, so hiding behind the laws is no excuse. Responsibility is the cathegory that can be interpreted in different ways, so it's better not to bring it in any discussion.

I see DIR, besides equipment and procedures, as a more responsible :) way of diving towards the nature as well.

Overfishing? Geez ... I think you need to be talking to the commercial boyz. A single crab boat will take more crabs in a day than all the divers combined will take in an entire season.

Now, if you wanna talk about divers who harvest from popular dive sites, then I'm willing to listen ... but that falls into the responsible catagory I was mentioning.

However you see DIR is really your choice ... but nowhere have I ever seen a DIR proscription against fishing or bugging. If you have one, please post a reference. I'd really like to see it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Please stop. I have too much work to do at my day job right now to clean this up.

Clearly, to-hunt-or-not-to-hunt is completely outside of the scope of DIR.

I suppose I could lock this one too, but we don't really get enough discussion as it is...

Please stop. I have too much work to do at my day job right now to clean this up.

I suppose I could lock this one too, but we don't really get enough discussion as it is...

Agreed. Please no more.

Heh....sorry Lamont. :D

This thread was bass-in-a-blender from post #1.

I was just posing philosophical dichotomies to amuse myself.

I'll go stand in a corner for awhile. :)

Doc the Troublemaker.

PS. I'm coming back to the PNW later this month. You wanna go diving sometime in June?

Heh....sorry Lamont. :D

This thread was bass-in-a-blender from post #1.

I was just posing philosophical dichotomies to amuse myself.

I'll go stand in a corner for awhile. :)

Doc the Troublemaker.

PS. I'm coming back to the PNW later this month. You wanna go diving sometime in June?

I do, Mr. Troublemaker ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom