I want to know if some think it cool,to hunt for sport and not for food!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do de-spine, it seems you would need long handled clippers. Any recommendations?
https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Inch...i_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=J3ZENVEFNT3TEE6C8YJK

Keep your fingers away from the pointy end of the spines. On a large Pez Leon the base of the spines are pretty tough and the leverage of these shears works well. While not completely corrosion resistant (lock lever rivet and spring need lube) these hold up well in saltwater.

PS: Tip, first snip the spinal column behind the brain, that takes the fight out of them so they don't flop around while you attempting to trim them. They are tough, you may think they are dead only to have them start flopping around as you give them a trim, play it safe and sever the spinal column:acclaim:

Last edited:
The way I state them sends a message? Like what???

Let me make the message crystal clear. Hunting lionfish is fun, whether you eat them or not. If you eat them great, they're tasty. But if it's inconvenient for you to clean and prepare them or if you just don't like eating fish, go ahead and kill them anyway and don't feel the least bit bad about it. I always go for the quickest kill, but that's as much respect for an invasive
pecies as I can muster.

Google "lionfish stomach contents" and look at the images that come up.
Sorry but I made a mistake and thought you said this comment.
OK I will, I enjoy killing Lionfish for fun. I find it therapeutic, it relaxes me.

It was not you (JA Kansas) who I was referring to in regards to the way we make our statements sends a message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom