I want to join local SAR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narced Out

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all i just need some advice and maybe some pointers. My dad has been a member of the San Diego Police Department for over 20 years. He used to scuba dive around my age and now i have fallen into it. I am hearing lots of calls about swimmers going under or getting lost or even a diver going missing. I want to join the local search and rescue but im only 16 and i guess you have to be 18... I want to help out so badly with these types of incidents and know that i can make a difference in someones life. Is there any way i can join and help out the divers some how?

Hey all i just need some advice and maybe some pointers. My dad has been a member of the San Diego Police Department for over 20 years. He used to scuba dive around my age and now i have fallen into it. I am hearing lots of calls about swimmers going under or getting lost or even a diver going missing. I want to join the local search and rescue but im only 16 and i guess you have to be 18... I want to help out so badly with these types of incidents and know that i can make a difference in someones life. Is there any way i can join and help out the divers some how?

Get started with a volunteer or auxiliary unit for a local fire department. In some places that's a great way to get your foot in the door and get some experience, even if you can't be right on the front line.

Good luck, and tell your dad to stay safe.

Well you could start by talking to me. I am the Exec Sgt for the Dive Recovery Unit here in San Diego. Send me a PM and I will answer any questions you may have.

Back
Top Bottom