I want a SCUBA laundry machine.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have a good idea how to securely hang tanks?

kr2y5,

Can you purchase a relatively short piece (~6 ft) of scrap steel I-beam, suspend it from and close to the top of your garage ceiling with two pieces of chain, and purchase/erect a block-and-tackle on rollers which you attach to the I beam. You could then use this system to lift your doubles up from ground level, roll over your stock tank, and lower your doubles down inside the stock tank.

Alternately, you might acquire one of those manually-operated devices used for lifting engines out of the engine bays of automobiles. They are built on heavy duty castors and have a block-and-tackle as a major component.

Alternately, you can switch to PST HP (3,500 psig) 100's for doubles. Even cave-filled, these are not too heavy to lift by hand.

Or you can do as I did a few years ago: Break apart your PST HP (3,500 psig) 120 doubles, and never look back. (My back has thanked me ever since!)

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Block-and-tackle, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks!

Proof positive that agendas have no place in diving

:shocked2:
I think that most men of my generation, if they tried to pull a stunt like that, might have to extract the beer can from an orifice located at the opposite end of their body than the orifice they originally planned to insert the beer into...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom