I want a cool BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like the Idea of the air trim being located in one place, one less thing to fumble forand one less dangling object. Although I have heard plenty of "one more thing to go wrong" from people who have never used one I haven't heard to much from those who have. I can't believe that anyone would sell a truely unsafe product in this Lawer happy world we live in. I know there are bulletins sent out on repeat problems on automobiles, is there any thing like that for scuba gear and if so how do you access it.

Although I am wreck certified I am by no means a tech. diver. (just like to take classes) I believe the Morphis is availabe in both Air Trim and conventional but I'm not certain.

The Pagasus and Morphos are Airtrim only, however the Dragonfly (back inflated) comes in conventional or Airtrim. The components that make up the Airtrim are the same as the conventional jacket BC. The only changes are the inflator locked on the left hip. The buttons are the same only larger, but the connector and hose are identical. The other difference is that the oral inflator is now in the right pocket. Nothing is hanging out or dangling. Very streamlined.

I was just imformed that the DragonFly Airtrim has received ScubaLab's "Testers Choice/Best of the Best" award. Now that ScubaPro has released their own version of the Airtrim, it's only a matter of time. BCs do evolve.

Bottom line is that each diver will make his/her own decision as to what they will choose. I was a skeptic until I tried it. Now they can put my name on their list.

:mean:
DiveOn

It is hare for me to get excited about the Dragonfly. It looks like a jacket with a wing stuck on the back. Unlike some other people around here, I don't think all jackets are bad, but here you have the drag from both the wing and jacket components. The design in question requires a lot of internal plumbing to make the pneumatic exhaust valves work. That is whay it needs so much fabric/bulk. In effect, whjen the designers got rid of the inflator hose, they put it back somewhere else. Perhaps Airtrim makes sense with a pure jacket design. No way with wing. By the way, $749 is a budget buster. You like Mares, look at the Jubilee. Nice lean back floater. Is airtrim and things like it here to stay, probably yes. Is it an improvement, not with a wing, possibly with jackets. Time will tell.

Dive Rite's transpak II is it for me. I love the thing.. I've stripped it down to just the harness and wing because I don't need the back pad or cumberbun. I did weave in 2.2lbs on each shoulder strap for trim. (I dive their 905 as well) I could even leave pockets off it because I just use the leg pockets on my dry suit. But I am interested to try a bp/wing, just to see if it will stand up to all the hype it's given on this board.. Till then....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom