I Wanna Move

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jed+4

Contributor
Reaction score
I wana move closer to the beach or farther south Like FL, GA, SC, Miss, TX and my wife dosent wana move I wish I could talk her into it but she says she dosent wana leave our parents I just dont know what to say. I know she has to stay at her curent job for a year before she can transfer then mabe I can talk her into it I gata year.
There is realy no reason for this thread i was just chewing the bone:D

I feel your pain. I would love to move somewhere that I can dive year round in a shorty or 3/2 full at most.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have a very supportive wife and we have a 2 yr plan to move to south FL. I just returned to college at age 46 and we plan to leave as soon as I graduate. We both enjoy outdoor activities that you just can't do on a regular basis in PA.

Marriage is hard work and communication plays a big part. Hope you can work out a compromise.

I live in the Florida Keys. We're cold when it's 70 degrees down here but nearly every day is sunny. Think carefully before giving up your job, we have a very high unemployment rate. I lost my job and haven't worked at all this year. There are NO jobs here and the cost of living is higher than in NC (I lived there too).

As far as your wife not wanting to leave the family, I understand. Women like to be around their families especially when you have kids or your parents are old. Hang in there, save your money and visit places you think you'd like to live. We'd love to have you visit Key West. The Vandenberg is coming soon, so we'll have another wreck to dive.

I just got laid of a while back and got a chance to go back to school just gata think of what I wana take. When im finished with school it may be easer to find a job in those kind of places with a little education her year will be up at her job and then she could put in a transfer. I just dont know what to take

I hear ya. Oddly enough, I would love to move to NC. Even being in central NC where I'm from and 2.5 hours from the beach would be fabulous. Plus, I just miss home.

I hear ya. Oddly enough, I would love to move to NC. Even being in central NC where I'm from and 2.5 hours from the beach would be fabulous. Plus, I just miss home.
I hear that there are some lakes up in VA that have little towns at the botum
what part are you in

Last edited by a moderator:
I also feel your pain but my problem is not Hubby. It's my Parents. My Dad is 92 and in great shape. My Mom is 89 and in great physical shape but end stage alzheimer's. They have been attached at the hips for the last 30 years of their 68 year marriage. I keep my Dad bouncing from the depression level instead of under it.

I can retire in 3 months. I planned to sell it all and go be a cook on a dive boat. I've had that plan for about 6 years. My Dad kept saying "I don't like that idea." I finally figured it out about 2 years ago.

So I'm land locked for I don't know how long. But it is a priveledge to take care of my parents. :)

Diver LS, It's so nice to hear you say it is a privledge to take care of your parents. It really is an honor to be with people that old. My neighbors in NC were ancient, like having built in grandparents next door. I would visit them almost every day. I learned so much from them. Good luck with your plans when you are able to carry them out.

I hear that there are some lakes up in VA that have little towns at the botum
what part are you in

I'm in central VA near Lynchburg. I've heard rumours of a sunken town in Smith Mountain Lake, but I don't think it would be a very safe place to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom