I wanna live!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Readers:

Whoa !

Indeed the profile from “Scuba Diver 03” indicates that he is 13 years of age. That is quite young to be performing dives from 50 to 150 fsw - - and diving three days a week. “03” you might want to rethink that kind of aggressive diving at that age.

Editiorial

The information was given in the "Profile" and I just plain missed it. However, we have so many divers that ask questions where age could be a factor but is not given. I am not the first to mention this on Scuba Board. Others have commented that it would be very handy at times to know such things as occupation (especially if it is science or engineering) and age when preparing answers. Because so often this is missing, there is a tendency for the responders not to look at this first before answering. It is a good habit, I believe.

This time it was “my bad.” :bonk:

Dr Deco :doctor:

Readers, please note the next class in Decompression Physiology :grad:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

Dr Deco once bubbled...

Indeed the profile from “Scuba Diver 03” indicates that he is 13 years of age. That is quite young to be performing dives from 50 to 150 fsw - - and diving three days a week. “03” you might want to rethink that kind of aggressive diving at that age.

Editiorial

The information was given in the "Profile" and I just plain missed it. However, we have so many divers that ask questions where age could be a factor but is not given. I am not the first to mention this on Scuba Board. Others have commented that it would be very handy at times to know such things as occupation (especially if it is science or engineering) and age when preparing answers. Because so often this is missing, there is a tendency for the responders not to look at this first before answering. It is a good habit, I believe.

This time it was “my bad.” :bonk:

Dr Deco :doctor:

Readers, please note the next class in Decompression Physiology :grad:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

I'm not even certain whether you are allowed to ask such info from a 13 yr old, due to privacy laws involving children. But maybe 13 is the cutoff...

--Sean

.... screaming off the reel. Somebody please pour some water the spool.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Scuba Diver 03 once bubbled...
I heard if you dive alot you can get bad arthrites and joint pain later in life. I play paintball and i want to be athletic and running when I'm 60-70yrs old. I wanna dive alot and get thousends maby even 10 thousand in my life time. I want to be healthy!!!!:eek:

Advice from an older diver who is reasonably athletic and who has been at this a little while... a good start to staying alive and healthy is learning that integrity and honesty are wonderful things to keep intact but are much more easily damaged than knees and elbows.

Doppler
:wink:

scuba-sass once bubbled...
Yes, I'm cynical.

From Scuba Diver 03"s Profile, we find that he / she has just turned 13. How many of us would take a 13 year-old newly certified diver to 150'???

Scuba-sass :)

Maybe he dives with instructors that hang out at Gilboa.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Naughty, naughty... and anyway, it only goes down to 130!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

What is that supposed to mean?

Maybe Scuba03 is not who he says he is... from reading his different posts, it seems there is a new issue every couple of minutes...

maybe he's just trying to get his numbers up...
Anyway... who cares...

I think that this guy is a troll. he has 54 posts in like 4 days and all of them are about problems he has supposedly had. this guy isn't a scuba diver, there is no way that a 13 yr old kid would be going deeper than 90', and thats pushing it.
I say just ignore him he'll go away.:mean: :mean: :mean:

also the "maximum" depth of recreational scuba is 130. so 150 you would have to be on a mix or be doing Deco. once again this guy is a TROLL:boom: :boom:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom