I wanna do it all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) I have regs that are designed for cold water. I will have to figure out what a Y valve is.

2) I already have 2 120s. Are you saying have 2 more?

3) That was something I was contemplating, getting a backplate and wing.

Sound advice from everyone.

Best advise anyone can give you is this: go get a couple hundred more dives under your belt in the next 2 years, then find a good instructor. Let him/her walk you through buying solid gear for the type of diving you want to do. Then get the proper training to do this safely...preferably take the classes with a regular buddy that wants to do the same dives that you do.

If you know where to get good y valves(the ones with actual knobs), please post a current link. I haven't seen one on the market in ages.

DIRZONE
DIRZONE

See the dealer list.

Do you know if they are dual inlet? As in having 2 completely seperate gas paths?

Last edited:
Best advise anyone can give you is this: go get a couple hundred more dives under your belt in the next 2 years, then find a good instructor. Let him/her walk you through buying solid gear for the type of diving you want to do. Then get the proper training to do this safely...preferably take the classes with a regular buddy that wants to do the same dives that you do.

This might be the most accurate and concise piece of advise you can get.

this thread seems to be totally focused upon HUMAN technology and very lacking in world science.

STOP! Look at the fish!

I dive to see things that I can not find in my house. So most of my dive objectives are critter related, not technology related.

Should we be also considering this aspect?

I have a dive trip next week in which I am keenly anticipating the capture of some mediocre photo shots of Bulldozer shrimps. This is something that any rec diver can see. Very few have.

this thread seems to be totally focused upon HUMAN technology and very lacking in world science.

STOP! Look at the fish!

I dive to see things that I can not find in my house. So most of my dive objectives are critter related, not technology related.

Should we be also considering this aspect?

I have a dive trip next week in which I am keenly anticipating the capture of some mediocre photo shots of Bulldozer shrimps. This is something that any rec diver can see. Very few have.

there are a lot of things inside caves that I cannot find in my house :)

Here's something I doubt you have in your living room, 13,000 year old sloth skeleton. Also have come across Mastodon and other skeletons, as well as prehistoric pottery and artifacts. There are also strange beetles, shrimp, and salamanders, all transparent and with no eyes. Not to mention the stunning formations of the caves themselves.
998f768deb2d1e7d6bc86ae7379e5e64.jpg

Do you know if they are dual inlet? As in having 2 completely seperate gas paths?

Only one dip tube (or a hole for such) can be seen in the pictures. There is also only one o-ring sealing the cylinder. These valves protect against first stage and second stage failures, not against single cylinder failure. And yes, those valves come with metric M25X2 threads.

Valves such as these are obviously not needed if two separate cylinders are beeing used :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom