I used to use Napster and now I use...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek once bubbled...
Kind of funny that of all my friends, family, and fellow workers that ask me to fix their box because of software problems.... Everyone has Kazaa. Kazaa sucks up rescources and loads so much garbage in the background it is not funny. Morpheuos does the same.

Well, I put Kazaa on at the request of my kids, and I've had problems with the computer lately. If I uninstall Kazaa, does that take all the other BS off, too, or do I need to do more?

Is LimeWire more of the same? I loaded that one up, also.

wrongkey - Limewire is more of the same.

Uninstalling Kazaa and Limewire would definitely help you out, but I don't think it uninstalls the other stuff. The best way to fix the problem is to start over from scratch. Barring that, using a product (free product) called Ad-Aware will definitely help you get rid of a lot of the junk. That can usually get you back to an almost pristine state.

There's nothing wrong with Kazaa.....IF you know what you're doing/getting into. DO NOT install all that other stuff like SaveNow. If it does install it, you can uninstall it from ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. You can also turn off the sharing with others part, that helps alot.
It is a bit of a resource hog, but Kazaa alone works like a dream for me.

I've tried removing bits and pieces of the spyware in Kazaa, and the last time that I did it errored out saying that a critical piece of software was missing...I pretty much gave up on it after that.

Thanks for the info. I wondered how these guys made money. I figured they had to be snooping, selling lists, or something. Apparently it's worse than I suspected.

I also use Kazaalite. It's great. There's no spyware attached and you've got access to all the same files as Kazaa.

Here's a couple articles on Kazaa and how it affects your computer:

CNET and Kazaa
CNN and Kazaa

You can downlad Ad-Aware at LavasoftUSA.com. If you are having pop-up window problems, that is normally a symptom of spyware. Ad-Aware should help, but that's only one step in surfing the internet safely.

Good luck!

Please understand.

DO NOT USE OR INSTALL KAZAA.
it is loaded with spyware and installs it weather you tell it not to or whatever.

Get Kazaalight. it is the EXACT same thing without the spyware. I'm serious. EXACT SAME STUFF without the spyware.

nobody would know the difference. nobody would use regular kazaa if they knew better.

Direct connect is extremely cool. however it's not something i'd let the kids play with.

HTH,
Rice

yeah kazaa lite is the best

Imesh is not too bad either just watch out during the installation when it asks you if you want to install "adware".

Then once installed download adaware and make a full scan.

Back
Top Bottom