I thought this day will never come

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh you can have other people dive on reservation, but no one will let you in without buddy, C cards.

That's the thing; in the past I've been able to get in just by saying "I'm on so's and so's reservation, and they'll be along shortly." There wasn't even any name listed for the buddy on the res, but because I knew the name of the person who made it (and sometimes the res. number), they'd let me in.

But if the reservation is already paid in advanced, then you must repay if it is transfered.

So do you really need to list the name of your buddy when you make it? I did this time, but haven't in the past with no problems. And if you're transferring it, does the original reservee have to call Lobos to let them know, or can the original reservee just give/send you a copy of the reservation confirmation so you can show it at the booth? It's kind of hard to guess, as they ignore most of the res. rules they list on the website.

Guy

So do you really need to list the name of your buddy when you make it? I did this time, but haven't in the past with no problems. And if you're transferring it, does the original reservee have to call Lobos to let them know, or can the original reservee just give/send you a copy of the reservation confirmation so you can show it at the booth? It's kind of hard to guess, as they ignore most of the res. rules they list on the website. Guy

If I knew all this you'd think I'd deserve a paycheck from Lobos :). I think there are some gray areas in the rules. One thing I do know is that if I have a paid reservation I always get in.

If I knew all this you'd think I'd deserve a paycheck from Lobos :). I think there are some gray areas in the rules. One thing I do know is that if I have a paid reservation I always get in.

I think the rules are pretty black-and-white, it's just that whether and how they're enforced often seems to be due to the phase of the moon or individual whim (or maybe they use a magic 8-ball to decide).:)

Guy

Back
Top Bottom