I think the Fates are after me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, sorry to hear about this!!! Work the phys therapy hard and look forward to the future!

I can see where the broken ribs came from, that steering wheel looks like it was custom bent! Good livin' pal. Or like my wife tells me "Heaven doesn't want you and Hell won't have you, so you aren't going anywhere". My wife was centerpunched at 40mph by one of those Chevy's a few years ago in her Subaru Outback Sedan. Spun the car around 2 1/2 times. My wife was a little stiff the next day but otherwise fine. The car was fixed, NOT totaled and she's still driving it.
Thank God everyone is still round to talk about the rollover. Take it easy, do what the doc tells you to do, you'll be back in action and this will be another story to tell around the campfire.

This is my baby before the wreck. I'm gonna miss her. :(

Black Beauty.jpg

Sometimes it is just your turn to carry the bucket of sh*t. You will get to pass it on soon enough. Very glad you and your family made out ok with the wreck. Good thing you had that old heavy land yacht. I know you are sad to part with it. Better days are coming your way.

Paladin,

'Glad to hear you made it through these trails. Florida in a few more weeks time sounds great; broken ribs do heal, and just simply hurt for a while. Enjoy your land-locked time with some vintage movies and Sea Hunt re-runs.

SeaRat

Thanks, John. Been watchin' Sea Hunt and "The Deep." I have "Into the Blue" but it is just a poor rip-off of "The Deep." I have "The Abyss" and "Sanctum," too.

So glad you weren't too seriously hurt! OTOH, the ole Burb took the brunt of it for you. That's what they do best.

Speedy recovery! You'll be up and about in no time!

Last edited:
A little update on this whole mess: I've had problems with my neck since the accident, so my doctor ordered an MRI. After reviewing the results, he sent me to a neurologist. It turns out that the wreck caused damage to two discs in my neck and damage to my spinal cord. If I don't have it fixed, I could end up paralyzed within two years. So, I've been scheduled for surgery on March 16th. The surgeon says it will be 2-2 1/2 months after that before I can dive again. Why can't I get a break?

Glad you're all alive, I really hope that you'll be OK.

Thanks, Thal. I'm not looking forward to going under the knife again. I just hope how soon this is all over and I can get back to my life. It's amazing how much trouble can be caused by one woman's moment of distraction talking on a cell phone.

Back
Top Bottom